Monday

The Art of the Handwritten Note

"A handwritten note is like dining by candlelight instead of flicking on the lights, like making a gift instead of ordering a product, like taking a walk instead of driving. Handwritten notes will add a lot to your life. You can still use the telephone or the web for the daily chores of staying in touch, but for the words that matter, it's courteous, classy, caring, and civilized to pick up a pen."
as quoted by one of my business classmates. by Margaret Shepherd

Doesn't that just say it all. There is just no other joy then to give and recieve happy snail mail. That's one of the reasons I love the RAK and DSS programs. So I've taken the challenge of sending a card a day (mon thru fri) for the month of October. Now who gets them..........hmmm. I know my collection of cards is pretty full, I may have to send them all out so I can make more to send. lol
And here's a few of my "PINK" cards for you to take a gander at:



























Those who know me personnal know I'm more of a red fan then pink, but for some reason I just kept reaching for those pinks pretty in pink, regal rose, pixie pink, you get the picture. Well I do have to tell you about the Anniversary card, it was for my parents' 43rd wedding anniversary. I have had that silver filigree paper for years already cut for a card front and just couldn't think how to use it, I did mention I'm not a pink girl. Well my mom is a "pink" girly girl, so there ya go. And even cuttlebugged the textile on it. It is stunning in person all that silver and pink, the picture doesn't do it justice. I think it just had to be stunning for them and just think it only took me six years to put it all together. lol I did make a kit of this card to share, ya'll know me well enough to know I don't hardly ever (i'm southern give me a break) make a single card. I just love sets, plus it is more time efficient to cut everything out for 4-6-8-10-12 cards then for just a single one. Now I'll get off of my soap box.
I'm curious if you gals want to see the recipes for the cards I make on here or not, so post a comment to let me know. Lets make it a drawing and the lucky randomly picked person will get a little randomly picked set from me. How does that sound?

No comments:

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.