
Well the cover is officially DONE!! Inspector okayed all the work and was a bit impressed with the quality, that makes me feel good. Besides the fact that most of my life Dad has had one construction project after the other going on in our house. This brings back memories, mostly good. He's really quite good at it and always stives to go above and beyond the codes and such. I am loving the cover too!! Now for my birthday present! I've requested a swing for our new addition to the ol' casa. I have one in mind made by hand from this little carpenter's shop next to a daily bakery place that's one of those mom and pop operations in the middle of

nowhere. So I'll have to update with pictures when it comes to fruishion. Anyway here's some pics of the back cover: Yes, the electrical cord is still hanging in front of that window, it's due to be moved soon and lighting put in over the next month or so. Okay confession this was taken while we where taking a break between the tar paper and the shingles so the top looks black here because that's the tar paper. The shingles are a gray/brown composit of some kind. Surprising it only took the guys two days to lay all the shingles for the cover. And you can see the cement mixer in the left of this last pic, the fense and west side walk are then next projects. And doesn't my brown grass look ever so lovely here? And I know we need to get the week wacker out to trim the grass around the house some more. Besides that I think the guys have done a great job. the cover is a 11x24 size and there is about three feet on the west side (left) that is uncovered so we can put the grill there and not get smoke trapped under the cover. One of these days I need to take a picture of the fence work they are doing. That is due to start on the 10th. Anywho I need to get pictures of those new windows soon!! We had one pain replaced, the factory needed to make an adjustment for an error (really it was a minor one that really didn't matter, but they insisted). So they sent out a whole new pane framed and such. The great thing about these windows is the pop right in and they are double hung which I am lovin'. Quick and easy cleaning!! woohoo!! Anyway have a wonderful constructive Saturday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment