Wednesday

Thanksgiving Thank Yous

We decided to show our appreciation to DD's teachers for Thanksgiving this year. Being a former teacher myself, I know they are not usually thought of until maybe christmas and rarely at the end of the year, especially if the teacher works with 6th graders or higher. Well, we want our sophmore's teachers to feel the love and graditude this Thanksgiving season. So DD and I worked for three afternoons (and I really worked alot during the day also) to put these together. Not sure why it seemed to just take us so much longer this time to make packets then it has before. I will say if I don't tie anymore ribbon over the next week I may retain some of my sanity. Ribbon everywhere on this set. But it turned out really cute. Again I used my neglected Autumn Fest stamp set and my spectram pad. Just a side note, I did play around with the pad to test the colors they where getting a bit dry. You'd think ten years it should still be inky enough right? Well I tested the colors and using the perfectly matched colors juiced that puppy up for service. Now that's what I call fall folliage, babie!! Love these colors. Love fall for that matter. I did notice yesterday and today that we had a tree full of yellow leaves yesterday and today we have a half full tree of yellow leaves and alot of them covering our brown grass and some really lovely large cottonwood leaves from the neighbor's yard. I miss the fall colors of further north. We have two season in our area, summer and winter. It's either cold or hot here. Very little in betweens. Anyway, enough complaining. I did mention that Fall is my favorite season didn't I? Maybe that's why I love using Chocolate chip with all the other colors so much. lol Well I guess you want me to talk about the goodies the teachers are getting today and tomorrow. I've also included some of the pictures of each piece that went into the goodie bags. Okay I didn't get all fancy and decorate the bag, I only tied ribbons on them. Deal with it, my hands are on strike from tieing so many knots. I know they are just going to throw the wraper away anyway. Anywho, My favorite was our version of a turkey card. I saw this on SCS done a little different. I added the beak, used a little different positioning of parts, and no sentiment except what is on the ribbon. Although I think ours looks kinda like a partrige doing a fan dance or something. lol The post-it wallet has a belly band that just slides off. And check out the pen, it even has ribbon on it. HA! I also played with some hazelnut scented candles. LOVE THIS SENT, but alas it doesn't love my sinuses. Sniff, sniff, cough, sneeze, sniff, sniff. It was worth a little agany for a really cute goodie. Now that I look at it and think about it, there is ribbon on everypiece of this set. That was not intentional. Only the use of the Autumn Fest stamp set & my Spectram pad was intentional. The other two pieces are a really cute cased thank you card and a covered grocery list pad (it's got ribbon tied on it!) Then it wouldn't be a teacher's goodie bag without the fuel of the sweet toothed. CHOCOLATE!! You just can't notice that there are no dark chocolate pieces in that stash, sssshhhhhh! Don't tell on me.

No comments:

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.