Thursday

Nothing goes to waste

What do you do when you start cutting out pieces for a layout and then they just set in the to do stack half finished? Well this card started out as a Christmas card but ended up a valentine's day one. The card base mat was cut earlier in November from the dashing paper. As the new year rolled around and I started thinking of Valentine's Day I was putting away my supplies that had been stacking up on my desk and ran across this dashing paper again. It has those red stripes and a few softer river rock lines so I added the black to off set that. I used a masking technique for the hearts and stamped the black swirls from the Priceless stamp set.
Added the sentiment and the ribbon and then tilted the main panel for interest. Hubby thinks it looks a little busier then he likes, but it's cute too. I like it, I guess you could say I like a little business.

Stamps: Priceless, Holidays and wishes
Paper: dashing, real red, basic black, very vanilla
Ink: Real red, Basic black
Accessories: red grosgrain, black gingham ribbons

No comments:

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.