
On a happier note I have been perusing some kitchenware for our upcoming thanksgiving dinner preperations. The first item I perused was a lovily apple shaped pie dish. My favorite pie is chocolate, but my second is old fashioned apple (and it doesn't hurt to throw on a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream while it's still hot either). But wouldn't this look equally yummy as a pumpkin pie plate. I think it would add a wonderful festive touch. For those that don't know my kitchen is apple themed, both red and green. Most things in my kitchen are either red or green, except our clear glass dinnerware and the odd and end assortment of plastic stuff. I promise one day to be plastic dish free. Anyway...

The second item is a really neat colapsible collendar and it's RED too! The really nifty thing is the pull out handle that adjusts to go across the sink area, no muss no fuss straining. That would come in handly. Can we say lots of mashed potatoes or the occasional pasta salad. Okay this is making me a bit hungry. Moving on...
And just for kicks I ran across this lovily red designed tea cup. One of my favorite things to do when people come to visit is to set and share a meal, snack, or even just a cup of something. That's just how I was raised, you break bread and share your life with folks that come callin'. And I so love doing just that. Over the past few years I've been building a small tea cup & sauser collection. Each time we travel to a new place to visit friends or family I try to drop by an antique place and pick up a cup and sauser. Sometimes I'm able to find two sets other times just a special one. I don't have many of them, but each one has a wonderful memory attached to it and they are ready for setting and sharing a cup with any visitors we have. Okay before I get to senimental. How have ya'll been enjoying the photographs so far? I have so many from this summer yet to go through. And some great outing photos with all three of the kidlets. Hey, that may even take me through October...hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment