
Have ya'll ever tried these? Well I'm not a big cherry fan, or atleast I thought I wasn't. All the cherries I've ever had where the bright red from the jar in that sickening sweet syrup kind. Well on a whime I decided to buy a bag of fresh cherries. I thought if all else fails I could cut them up and give them to the butterflies and birds out back. Well all it took was one and I was hooked. I'm not much of a sweets craver especially the fruity sweetness. But these wheren't all that sweet. They kinda reminded me of tiny ripe black plums, but with a bit of tartness to them. I think it's the tartness I really like. Not bitter, but just a little hint of a surprise twinge, twinge is that a real word? lol Anyway, I'm royally hooked now. Not only are these a wonderful snack, but they are really reasonable priced a little less then grapes around these parts. My next step with these beauties is to try cooking with them. I've just been privalaged to eat them for snack so far, but I've got a recipe brewing in the old noggen for a cherry wine porkchop dish. That's my plan for this weekend. I hope the family likes it. If it's a success I'll share it here if ya'll like, just comment me if you want to know how it went. Later Gators!!
No comments:
Post a Comment