It just dawned on me that I've had a non-productive mentallity about this activity thing. I catch myself in too much of a competitive mind frame. Who am I competing with? Why up the anty so fast? (okay it is 5:30 am and I'm not usually up this early so the mind it does summersalts this early.) I really need to view this as a journey step by step. Rome wasn't built in a day. The weight won't come off quickly either. Why am I fighting so hard with my body? I want it quick and I mean now!! That's not going to happen so I better do things in a constructive manner. Lets compare:
Race - Journey
Finishline (done) - Goals (continuous)
some will drop out/fail - everyone is on their own path/no fail
set path to follow - many options
competitiveness - self development/discovery
need to train before - starts with a step
independent - lots of helps along the way
One clear prize winner - Accomplishments
Wow what a difference, both aren't bad just the journey has less stress it seems to me. Plus the journey is never really over. Okay I'll have to check back to this regularly and see how I'm doing with this mentality from time to time. All right got to get a rollin and start my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment