Wednesday

Wednesday's Cards

Here's the cards I worked on today. I used some scraps from the scrap box I have that is overflowing from my desk. Wednesdays seem to be the best day for making cards around here and SCS has their sketch challenges on wed afternoons so works out just right. Hope you like them.

I got to play with some textures and cutouts to get the sketch challenge for this week. Here's a guy card theme. Thought I'd work on some for the man in my life. I've used the script cuttlebug for part of the background and again on the envy.
Used some old buttons for accents and a remnent of a seredipity square for a pattern. The Seredipity square is of three printed papers and stamped over with fantastic foliage stamp set in brown, green, and gold. Used the cuttlebug for the tag on both guy cards too. And some left over ribbon from a still not completed project. BTW this was for SC115

The shine you see in the "What's up?" card is a dark olive green velum scrap. And again I've used some of the seredipity square remnent with two 1 inch blocks. My favorite part of this card is that zebra striped button. It was a left over from the quilt I made David for our first anniversary. Now it resides on the back of David's chair near his closet. Made it out of old trouser fabric and old buttons found in the bottom of my mum's button box. Some of those buttons have been there since I was a child, even found one of my purple buttons she used on my favorite overalls when I was around 5 years old. Memories!! Okay I degressed and took the bunny train down memory lane. Back to cards.

Here's a completely from scraps card. I just love this little flower pot. It's from Friendships Grow set I won in an auction. I used the textile cuttlebug plate for the print background (inverted) and tore along the patter on the edges. And again on the dark green mat and accent. Did some doodle lines around the flower pot and added punches and snaps for accents. The pink card base is a left over paper from Creative Memories from our anniversary pages. Even embossed the envy and swiped with my colored pencils that I used to color in the flower pot.

Well since I was getting ready last week to go out of town for our Spring Break Campout I didn't make the sketch challenge last week so I did that one this week too. Besides I really wanted to play some more with my flower pot stamp. I used a textile embossed background a friend made for me when we visited a few weeks ago and swiped with watercolor pencils and then damped it to soften the colors. (I usually don't make only one card so this has a twin that I've mailed out for a surprise smile to a dear friend. I just hate having half sheets of paper.) I used mellow moss for the backing paper some coco brown for behind the textile embossed and some hot pink plaid ribbon then the flower pot stamped in mellow moss and penciled in for color. Then matted twice and punctured and line drawn around the edge of the hot pink. Added a folded scrap of brown shear ribbon and some more hot pink plaid and wala all done. BTW this was for SC114. Hope you like them, leave a comment to let me know what you think. Toodles for now it's getin' late at the old casa!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I liked your cards very much. I have now subscribed to your blog and will be able to see your posts without having to remember to look! I need to do some SCS challenges!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.