Wednesday

Wednesday's Works


Here's the card I made for a TLC challenge. We had to use brown and cream colors but couldn't have a chocolate or coffee theme so the next thing to come to my mind was sand. And I had the perfect ribbon from Michaels' for it. Just love the sea shells on it. I played with my cuttlebug, I think I'll be using it on most of my cards for a long while. Stamped the sand dollar from the "Nature Wonders" set, and heat embossed the words "peaceful" and "sea". I even got to use up some scraps from the old scrapbox.

Here is the card I made for the SC108. I've just got to say that working with watercolor pencils is my favorite thing to use on my cards. (check out the sand dollor shading) I miss the coloring years. lol I used scraps again with the pink and bright lime green. And again I found this pretty ribbon at Michaels'. added some hot pink and brown sheer to the bow. The background is a deep choco brown and is mounted onto a pink cloud card base (from the scrapbox). I just love it when I get to use my scraps. Almost forgot, the stamp is from the "Simple Wishes" SU! set.

This weekend I'll be putting together another 62 Card Challenge using most of these lovely toys: I'm thinking girly, rounded corners, pink, orange, and brown. Using some great pink crushed velvit ribbon and some really cool brown sheer ribbon that reminds me of ladders, and some prima flowers I got in a swap. I'll just have to post the cards when I'm done. Let's see if I can make 62 cards again with these supplies.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really love your cards! I wanted to do that sketch challenge too but just haven't had time to stamp! Grrr...but, time will come someday...maybe when zoe is in high school. (J/K)Great post I think...good job!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.