
1. I've traveled to France (Paris & Nice)and marched in a three mile parade while there. Our college marching band marched in the french madi cras parades in paris and then in Nice where we stayed a week and played one hour concerts in a big top tent in the park across from the beach and our hotel every night. We had all our meals served to us at the hotel, in a private dining room and yes there where course type meals. I don't think I've ever eaten so well and I probably never will.

2. I know how to shovel snow that is taller then I am. Thanks to living in Alaska for three years. Experiencing three winters with as cold as -54degrees, that's negative numbers!! When it gets that cold mama ain't going nowhere. We lived in stocking feet, made snow villages, and did scrapbooking to pass the time away. We even had indoor playgrounds for the kids so they wouldn't go batty all cooped up. While we where there I also learned how to make fireweed jelly. Fireweed is a native wild flower that bears love to eat up there. We picked the flowers, watching for bees and bears (that was the girl's job to look for the bears!!), then depetel the flowers, wash them and boil them to make the bright pink syrup to make the jelly from.

3. I love to do nature photography. Gardens, insects, flowers, canyons, any interesting natural shot will catch my eye. And you thought I only took pictures of people. My all time favorite place is the Botanical Gardens. One of my places to see before I die is the Grand Canyon, good thing I went digital, I'd use more film then my yearly allowence would allow.

4. I met my hubby through a string of events and near meetings. First my best friend was running the sound equipment for a college play my hubby was in. I was asked to go to the cast party with my best friend but needed to decline as I had another event to go to. So he took another friend of ours with him to the cast party. There, the other friend meet hubby's twin brother. Twin brother liked her and invited her to play a mocked up version of D&D at his house with a small group on Christmas Eve Night. She accepted and then when she discovered she would be the only girl proceeded to drag me to said gathering so she wouldn't be the only girl there. I went and had a horrible time. Told her I wasn't going again. She begged me to go with her again a few months later to just hang out and proceeded to leave me with hubby and his roommate (yes a third guy) alone watching some scifi movie, not a very good one I might add, while she was in another room alone talking to twin brother. Tword the end of that very akward four hours, I felt bored and starting asking hubby questions, he answered and started asking questions back. I guess you could say we became friends that day. Over the corse of more drag and drops I started to like hubby and then one day other friend decided it was time for us four to go out on a date. Twin brother had wanted to date other friend but she was relunctent until she noticed the mutual liking going on on my and hubby's part. Other friend and I thought it was a trastity that hubby and twin brother had lived in our area and not seen the wonderful sites so we decided to host a kidnapping date. Be the nieve young men they where they never figuired out that it was an actual date. So other friend simply called them and said they where taking us out on a date to the movies since they hadn't gotten a clue that day. So we did go out on a date to the movies and the following day I went on a date alone with my hubby. Three dates in three day is what it took. The third date was to the Japanese Gardens. That place has been very special and revisited many times since that third date. One of our favorite spots to this day.

5. I love to go camping. The demesticated type of camping in a cabin with running water. We go camping about three to four times a year now. Mostly to Holly Lake and Lake Palestine. Sometimes we'll head to Canyon Lake or Lake Travis. This last year we also included camping along the Red River near Murphy Lake. I guess you could say camping to us means cabins, water of some kind, canoeing, fishing, hiking, archery (dd favorite), scenic drives, and lots of pine and juniper trees. Every year we go in June and December. We might get a chance to go in August too this year.

6. My father's family is from Boulder, Colorado. I have relatives that still live ing that area and we are planning on attendign the family reunion this August. Along with that we are planning out a rafting trip and a 4-wheeling trip to Great Sand Dunes where we might get to camp for the night. Or we may even go up to Rocky Mountain National Park and camp. Who know's that's over three months away.

7. I am in the process of decluttering my house, life, stuff, you name it. It's not easy when you've collected things for over forty years of life, seventeen years of marriage, and twelve years of being a mother. I still can't seem to get the one box of baby clothes that where made by hand for my daughter away. Call me sentimental. Maybe that's why I still have so much stuff. Okay, I really have gotten some things chunked. But there still is alot and alot that I still love. But I'm still trying to flutter through my clutter. One day I'll freely fly. If you think I've lost it right about now, just check out Flylady!
Well that's about all for now. Probably more then you wanted to know. Sorry no cards today. (didn't I make enough on Monday and Tuesday?) It's a cleaning out day. My desk is a horrible mess and I've got to declutter my work spaces. Maybe I'll take pictures when I'm done. Sorry there will be no before pictures, don't want to cause anyone to gasp in horror. Them walls of paper are coming down. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment