Wednesday

That other card I promised you and a Sketch Challenge card

Okay, sorry got occupied when we got back home. David came home and it was a family evening. Now got them all to bed and it's time for me to post and catch-up on email. Here's the Sympathy card I made for CC111 on SCS. I made some substitutions since I didn't have the burgundy CS they called for. I thin this color combo is growing on me. I noticed I used some of the same colors on the Sketch Challenge card as well. Anyway here it is:The sympathy cards are for the VT families. I used what I had that was closest to the CC111 colors of
pumpkin pie - I only had one sheet of this left
bravo burgundy - no such luck so I used Cranberry Crisp instead.
optional: always artichoke - Used lots of this one.
I watercolored the cuttlebugged background and cut our a window. Then I framed the picture window and swaped the panels. Added ribbon and the sentiment and there ya go.
I pray that the families affected by the VT shootings have peace and comfort in this time of loss. And that the cards we send can bring even the smallest bit of comfort and warmth.
Tonight I finished the Sketch Challenge 121 using a new stamp set that I've been having a hard time figuiring out how to work with. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

great cards and I really like how you colored the cb background. Good job!

(I have that truck too...I love it)

Wendy said...

I have been blog surfing and looking at new ones I haven't seen before. Your work is beautiful. I've been tagged by another blogger and now you're tagged! What you need to do is to list 7 things about yourself and then tag 7 others! Have fun... I'm on my way to tagging others and listing 7 things about myself.

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.