Tuesday

Whew!!!!

For the last few weeks I've been getting ready for a shoebox swap with 44 other women. This saturday we will meet and make cards from 9 to 9. The hardest part was coming up with a design. And sorry folks I can't show you it here just yet. On Monday I'll try to post the pics, promise!! Well you know how a landslide can start with a small stone falling, well after I decided to get it all in gear on Sunday and yesterday morning, that's exactly what happened. I got everything cutout, cuttlebuged, punched, bagged, even added a card recipe to the baggies, and made two display demos of my design. One will be donated and the other for display at the station for coping. I even put a small pic with the recipe so if someone ran out of time they could grab and complete it another day. I got door prize made, I'll post it on Monday. And supplies bought for sharing munches I'll be making on Thursday. Then I decided to work on some goodie bags for an upcoming event, I'll post a picture of that one!!
Made these cute cards and attached them to brown bags full of goodies.
Yesterday afternoon I worked on some of the challenges on SCS and made a birthday card for my mom and three others for friends. Got really creative and did the Feature Stamper challenge on all four of these. Got to use some of my new inks and papers too.
Since my mom's birthday is in may and her favorite stones are Amnythis and Emeralds I used my Perfect plum, Always Artichoke, and Mellow Moss colored papers and inks. I even had some moss and plum ribbon to add. The Always Artichoke stipe is a Faux Linen Technique. Then I tore the edge of the glossy cardstack showing the white center. The moss piece is dampened and screaped to give it a raged look and the right edge of the card base (plum) was cut with decal scissors. I cased Julie's card she did in blues and soft green. I know mom will love this card.
Then I cased Julie's Luggage card changing everything except the basic layout. I used blues in paisley, polka dots, and flowers. I really love how the flowers turned out. Not telling who'll get this one for their birthday, ssshhhhh it's a secret!!
Then I got really creative and took a cutsy celery and roses card of Julie's and created my own Chocolate and roses card. Used some panels that have been staring at me for a few weeks now. One is the paisley background in chocolate chip and the other is a playing around piece of faux shaving cream. I also used scraps of ribbon and my new delight flower stamp. LOVE LOVE LOVE watercoloring this flower. So cute!! I even did the envies the same way. Well I need to get my daughter from school so I'll load the last card I made when I get back.

1 comment:

Amy said...

All I can say is WOW! You have been a busy girl and I am jealous. Your cards are beautiful. I'll tell myself, "don't be envious, it isn't righteous, be grateful!"

Love you!

Amy

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.