Thought you'd like to see the cards I made and some happy mail I recieved. I guess you could say I'm in a pink and green mode right now. Actually I got this pretty printed paper and some coordinating paper from Michael's and am playing around with different layouts over the next few weeks. I'm still working on cards for my mom so the quilty blocks one is in her set and represents the baby quilts and baby block cakes my mom use to make when I was little for her friends that where expecting. She also taught cake decorating classes and she always had a baby shower cake made with quilty type blocks of stripes and flowers. I can remember her making us leftover icing and graham cracker sandwiches for a quick snack. We ate alot of pink and baby green icing during those years. I even got to use some of the pink primas I have. Suprising enough I only have these pink ones. No fainting alowed!! I know this may shock some of you. But
my brad collection is growing and I still have enough paper and ribbon to decorate a small country. (but I need THAT specific color!! lol) I have been recently getting into stickles and thanks to DH and Mother's Day shopping I now have five different colors of the beauties. Okay, back to the cards.
Here's one of my happy mail cards from a fellow SCSer and blogger krazystamper Kris. Check out her blog, I do!! I really love this folded pinwheel in the middle. I showed my mom these and she thought it looked like my gran's apron she use to wear when she was baking in her kitchen. I think it looks like her china. It's funny what things remind us of charished memories. Gran was an amazing cook, and was part Italian and American Indian so she had some really interesting recipes. Mom has her cookbook hidden at her house tucked away for me one day. I know most of her recipes by heart, but it will be nice to have the hand written ones with her handwriting on them. She has gorgous penmenship. The old script with some swirls to it. I can remember her telling me that she wanted people to be inpressed with her writing, even the shoping list looked like it was professionally printed. I could never rush her, she always had more patience then any of us. (and a little more spunk too! lol) She never rushed anything. She always believed that life should be enjoyed slowly, patiently, and fully. She always was calm and relaxed, and firmly believed in the serinity prayer.
This second happy mail was from my Secret Sis and had these pretty pink marbled flowers in them. They will go great with my Making Memories printed papers. And they came with an interesting card. The colors are (I think) temping turquiose and pumpkin pie. A very interesting combo on whisper white. I think it turned out great. I really like that stamp set. I don't have that one, but have seen some really cute things made using it. I'll have to look up the name of it. Anyway, that's about all for tonight. It's getting late and I know I've miss spelled and retyped about half of this so far so the ol' noggen's not functioning to full ability (no snickering over there!!). Tootles and snoozes for now!!
my brad collection is growing and I still have enough paper and ribbon to decorate a small country. (but I need THAT specific color!! lol) I have been recently getting into stickles and thanks to DH and Mother's Day shopping I now have five different colors of the beauties. Okay, back to the cards.Here's another one I made today to use up some of this ribbon. It's a really pretty gable green color, but since I don't have any of that I used the always artichoke for the ink. The Green galore was just too green. There is a light pink threading along the edge of the ribbon so I used pretty in pink strip and pixie pink inks. I like how this one turned out, I got most of the idea about the layout from a magazine. This doesn't look much like the one in the book, but I like it. I hope the person I plan on sending it to does too.
Here's one of my happy mail cards from a fellow SCSer and blogger krazystamper Kris. Check out her blog, I do!! I really love this folded pinwheel in the middle. I showed my mom these and she thought it looked like my gran's apron she use to wear when she was baking in her kitchen. I think it looks like her china. It's funny what things remind us of charished memories. Gran was an amazing cook, and was part Italian and American Indian so she had some really interesting recipes. Mom has her cookbook hidden at her house tucked away for me one day. I know most of her recipes by heart, but it will be nice to have the hand written ones with her handwriting on them. She has gorgous penmenship. The old script with some swirls to it. I can remember her telling me that she wanted people to be inpressed with her writing, even the shoping list looked like it was professionally printed. I could never rush her, she always had more patience then any of us. (and a little more spunk too! lol) She never rushed anything. She always believed that life should be enjoyed slowly, patiently, and fully. She always was calm and relaxed, and firmly believed in the serinity prayer.
This second happy mail was from my Secret Sis and had these pretty pink marbled flowers in them. They will go great with my Making Memories printed papers. And they came with an interesting card. The colors are (I think) temping turquiose and pumpkin pie. A very interesting combo on whisper white. I think it turned out great. I really like that stamp set. I don't have that one, but have seen some really cute things made using it. I'll have to look up the name of it. Anyway, that's about all for tonight. It's getting late and I know I've miss spelled and retyped about half of this so far so the ol' noggen's not functioning to full ability (no snickering over there!!). Tootles and snoozes for now!!
1 comment:
I really like the layout on your block card. Great job. Another one for me to case! I have that "heartfelt thanks" flower and love it. I saw it used on someone's blog today with crayon resist on glossy paper and it was very pretty.
Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment