
I've had a horrible last couple of days. Ever feel like you're the only one that seems to be making efforts to deepen and strengthen relationships. Or that others just don't have appropriate manners, like common courtesy has been lost forever. That the world is focused on the whats and never the whos of life. Okay, I probably am not making much sense, but events over the last few years and especially the last week are really getting my last nerve. Yes, I know it's a busy time of year, but it still doesn't change how I'm feeling about things. When do you confront people about their lack of propriaty and compassion, and when do you just walk away. I do understand there are times in all of our lives that friendships will come and go. Paths cross for a short time, then go their seperate ways, but what ever happened to life long friendships? Generations past had them, but this is a rarity in society today. I guess you could say I'm just tired of being neglected, used, and abused. Only getting called on when someone wants something from me, never just to talk or spend time together doing nothing. I feel that our current society has robbed us all of relationships, true honest friendships, loyal real compassion for others. Sometimes I just feel like I was born in the wrong century. It's a pity somethings people do now a days in the area of relationships. Don't know if I will actually post this, and yes I'm venting somewhat. This issue just keeps coming up and bugs me intensely. Well that's about all for now, I'd better go check the mail. Maybe I've got a RAK. I have been enjoying the happy mail from the talented ladies at SCS. That might cheer my horrible day.
4 comments:
So sorry things have been yucky. I hope that this isn't a post about me. I got a bit paranoid! But, I do love you and don't need anything from you. I'm glad you are my friend. Oh, and you know who else? God! He loves you and doesn't need anything from you either. Thank goodness for that!
Love you so much!
Amy
No Amy it was mostly the local crowd that has bummed me of late. And yes, God loves me and doesn't really want anything from me but to love him. That I am very grateful about. It's just been a tapped out kinda week I guess. Thanks my dear friend for the chin up!!
Beat me with a noodle! I'm such a bummer. I'm sorry I was so business like about the plans. I do want to hang with you. I know I've been so goal oriented lately. Now that classes are over for me and Jonah I'll have a less packed schedule and we can get some scrapin' done soon. I'll be scheduling some fun and games things soon too. Would love it if you could join me for these playdates. No working this time! Only fun and relaxation. Hope everything else with family streightens and settles down. I'll give you a call when I get home, I'm at Connie's babysitting over the weekend, their anniversary. *HINT*
Sorry sugar! I'm still kicking myself for not thinking. Thanks for talking with us Friday about how you where feeling. I know it wasn't easy for you to face us and point a few things out in our characters. I'm proud of you for being honest with us and vulerable about everything. Again, I'm so sorry I hurt you. Your the last person I'm want to do that to. You've been such a help to me and my girls. You always seem to be there just when I need you and I haven't been there for you. I will work hard to not let this happen like this again. Please don't hesitate to conk me over the head if I do. lol I love you sugar!
Post a Comment