Well I was a little MIA early on this week. I did get cards made, wasn't able to load them all on SCS or here yet. Here's the most current ones. I was playing with some scraps and came up with this one for the SC122 challenge on SCS. I used my paisley background, that's got to be my all time favorite background stamp. And the side panel is from the polka dots and petals set. the sentiment is from Best Blossoms and the flowers and swirl is Doodle this. I used chocolate chip and root beer inks, brown and rust markers, and my watercolor pencils in dirt, sunbeam, and caramel. The card base and backing is creamy caramel from SU!
I also worked on the Color challenge 112 on SCS. We where instructed to us any pinks with small amounts of neutrals like whites and ivory, and maybe black. I decided to stick with the pinks and white cardstock. This one is the same stamp sets as above (and almost the same layout) but I used warmest regards for the sentiment and heartfelt thanks for the flowers. I was in need of birthday cards so that's what I made. I have some scraps of pink plaid ribbon, my favorite, so I used that with some white grosgrain. The inks and papers are pink passion and pixie pink. I did alot of sponging on here also in the lighter pixie pink. I'm also working on four other colors with this layout. I'll have to take pictures when I get them all finished.
Now for the other two pink cards I made for this challenge. Here's a color change from another card I did last week. I changed the background and used my old plaid stamp. I forgot how tricky that stamp was to work with. I used Happy everything set and seeing spots and used part of a tag stamp for the flower part on the tag. And of course I used big blossom. And again used my lovely pink plaid ribbon. These cheery pinks are quickly growing on me. I decided to make a girly card for my lovely daughter to cheer her day when she came home. She's been going through the teen friendship pains recently. I know she
will really like this girly girl card. I used my new set I got form Sharron last weekend at her workshop. She was getting rid of alot of her old sets and some special sets from old catalogs. I was able to get quite a few for a really great price. I'm going to have to inventory my stamp sets in a notebook or something. Sometimes I forget what I have. (like button bear) Anyway, I used Happy Harmony from the celebration caty. I cuttlebugged the white background after cutting the circle out with a rotery cutter and then sponged pixie pink and pretty in pink over the top lightly. I stamped the flowers with pixie pink and used stickles (my new favorite toy!) on the three main flower tops. I used a swipe linen effect on the sentiment, not sure if you can see that with a pink watercoloring pencil and made dots with the stickles in the corners. I added sponging around the inside of the circle and some pretty ribbon that's been begging to be used. I tied on some white and pale pink sheer ribbons and that's about it. And don't forget the matching envy. I have a few more, but not photographed yet. I'll try to get them on this next week. Anyway, living in the Pioneer Days statement. Well, we had a very large storm come through Wednesday afternoon/evening. We had an interesting fireworks display from the transformer in our back fenceline. That was a bit scary. Sirens where going off so we camped out in the hallway. That was an adventure. We found our porch chairs setting in our neighbor's side yard setting upright. We laughed about that one. And lost electricity until around 4pm on Thursday. So for 24 hours we where back in the pioneer days with candles and even went to bed early that night. I was off of my computer for over 24 hours and was starting to have withdrawls. lol I did get to work on cards most of thursday until I needed to pick up dd from school. Then we grilled lots of defrosted meat and cooked up some veggies, so we have plenty of stuff to reheat over this next week. The only thing we had to through away was some spoiled milk. (really I think it was that way before the power went out) We're just counting our blessings that, that is all that happened. They had spotted quite a few funnels and a touch down not too far from us. We did lose some large branches and one of the neighbors had his truck bed dented in from a tree falling on it. We figuired lightning had stuck the tree, smelled like smoke, and with the winds just twisted it right off the trunk. Needless to say, I cut out some card sets that are ready to be assembled and got some cards made and mailed to my Secret Sis. Even got some birthday RAKs ready to go out on Monday. Right now I have eight cards not uploaded yet. And four more card layouts in pieces setting all over my craft desk. Not sure what tomorrow's plan is. I'll have to check with hubby on that one. Well it is getting very late, so I'm off to bed. Tootles for now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment