Monday

Today's Creative Endevors

Okay I confess can't spell that last word in the title, so don't scorch me for misspelling it. Now to the point here's some pics of todays inspired cards. The first one is my May christmas cards.
Cased Marie's Basic Gray card herehttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/503619?cat=500&ppuser=62763
I changed mine, and used deeper watercolors, changed the color scheme, used printed KI Memories papers. I cuttlebugged the background with swirls. Since I got a head start on these this month I'll need to get started on some birthday cards.
Keywords: CCC07
Stamps: Doodle This
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, real red, whisper white, Bazzill pine green, KI memories christmas stripe.
Ink: Stazon Black, to watercolor - Cranberry crisp & Ruby Red
Accessories: Lime green satin ribbon
Techniques: Watercoloring with ink pads
I also got to play with some ideas that where knocking around in the ol' noggen. After working with this color scheme in different hues at saturday's swap, I got to play with these colors that I had in my supplies. Pulled elements from alot of places but mainly from nicksmom917 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/543740?limit=last1) and Payton's card here:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/543119?limit=last1
Since I don't have many punches I used a snall 1/2 in circle punch to make the ticket corners.Now that I look at it here, it looks like a window. It is actually layers cc base, white with paisley background in turquoise, then yellow sponged, and finally cool caribean sponged. I guess it created an optical allusion in the picture.
Stamps: Doodle this, best blossoms
Paper: So saffron, cool caribean, chocolate chip, whisper white
Ink: chocolate chip, tempting turquoise, golden rod watercolor pencil
Accessories: Brown/cream plaid ribbon, teal ribbon, dimensions, ticket punch(I used circle punch)
Techniques: sponging, watercoloring
After much requesting from the only man in my house, I finally decided how to put together some man's b-day cards. (but I still had to use ribbon). The background is created by using two stamps and covering the front plate of the card base. Then layer on cranberry crisp and chocolate chip that has been cuttlebugged with the birthday folder. i also added a Rivet with the sentiment "Enjoy your day" and sponged around it's edge with CC. Added the plaid ribbon from Michael's and your done.
Keywords: Riveting Seeing Spots Cuttlebug
Stamps: Riveting, Seeing Spots
Paper: Chocolate chip, Natural Ivory, Cranberry crisp
Ink: Creamy caramel (root beer from another company), chocolate chip
Accessories: rimbbon, cuttlebug
Techniques: Cuttlebug, sponging
Here's a picture of the door prize I won and a list of what was in it:
  • Contained in a clear paint pail
  • scalloped circle punches
  • jumbo paper clips
  • Clear buttons
  • spool of ribbon
  • Happy Spring Stamp
  • Mini cards
  • mini magnetic frame
  • Acrylic tokens
  • rhinestones
  • chip board flowers
  • paper clasps
  • laugage tags
  • velvet ribbon
  • gingem ribbon
  • mini composition book
It was put together and donated by Susan at susiestampalot . There are some really great things in there I havn't used before. Like the Stickles - I can't wait to make a card using it. Lot of fun stuff to alter also. You'll just have to wait and see what I make with all my goodies.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Some terrific creations...nice job!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.