Monday

Not so Manic Monday

I'm still in my relaxed mode from yesterday. I had a great mother's day. We had gone out to my mom's and ate dinner with them on Saturday. And had stopped by to visit with DH's folks, but they where gallavanten about town. So we had a wonderful lunch after church at RAZOOS. I love cajun food, reminds me of the area I grew up in. Seafood boils, bonfires, beach parties, enough spice to clear your sinuses. You get the picture. Enjoyed some rat toes, these are not for the faint at heart!! Actually I could only eat two and then couldn't taste anything else until 15 minutes later. And had their stuffed fish, yyyuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyy!!!! Okay, did I mention I love cajun food? (mostly the seafood dishes) Anyway, then we went to a local stampers/scrapbooker's store called Recollections. I got to look at most of the things in there, dh got a little impatient, but only started to "pace". Got some stickles, buttons, adhesive (I keep running out of this, what's up with that, I must have card making elves about!) clearance ribbon, and some brads. I just love the new stickles and such pretty colors. I got one that is blue and silver. July is just around the corner. So I'll have some sparkly 4th cards this year.
I didn't get much of anything done. I got a load of laundry washed and folded, paid a few bills, made some phone calls, took a nap (atually got two short ones), and got some goodies in the mail today. Here's a picture of the goodies my Big Sis sent me. I just love my little turtle friend. Crafty Turtle is my SCS id name so that's why it's on there. The red ribbon is velvet and oh so pretty. And the blingy hearts are begging to be made into valentine's day cards. I may have to make some early this year. Now I have to come up with a name for my cute little turtle friend. Any suggestions? Well it's getting late so I'll get to bed for now. Take care everyone out there in bloggerland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That turtle is too adorable.

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.