e've been busy beavers around here. I've got lots of cards to share. The girls and I got nine celebration cards done for July. This first one was probably the least favorite because it is so involved and time consuming. The girls didn't like doing all the cutouts, coloring in and punching that this one took. We all agreed it was a neat card to make though and that we liked the product and the fact that it was a pocket card. But the girls really hated the process, so I won't be repeating the "card of torture" as they called it.
So then we made a simple one using a wheel, which they found a bit challenging but still fun. They really liked all the goodies we got at Target to go with the cards from the dollar spot. Like this star shaped paperclip. They liked the white craft ink on the brillant blue cardstock. W
e also made matching envelopes to go with all the cards. The girls also saw a card made using this fishy wheel and wanted to make him patriotic so here we go!! A patriotic fishy card. And we used some large star shaped brads from target also. We found some left over navy and white striped ribon and wala we have another July card!!Since we have several July birthdays we must have a July birthday card so we used some scraps from my box and cuttlebugged some. Really the girls went nuts over the thing. They would have put cuttlebugged stuff everywhere if one of my plates hadn't warped so bad I just had to put away. I may need a replacement plate soon. Anyway,
here's our July birthday card. We had some sparkly stars from Target (we made out like bandits in their dollar spot). And some pretty gingham ribboon and the happy everything stamp set and here ya go. We couldn't figure out where to place the stars and moved them around one way, then another, then back again, until we came up with this one. You may not see it but the white paper is the confetti white SU! paper. So there is a speckling to the white that worked well with the real red panel and the blue ribbon.
We also made a "friendship" twin to the birthday card. I told you the girls where in love with my cuttlebug. Only we ran out of sparkle stars so we used some dangles from you guessed it Target dollar spot. There was USA, peace, and God bless the USA. We had twelve of those little charms so there where plenty for the girls to share. Each person got some of each design to take home with them. Just some harmless advertising!! Who knows if their moms or other relative might like them and want to join in on the fun. At this point we where in need of a quick and easy card so the girls came up with this one.
I handwrote in the "4th" and they did the rest. They thought it was funny that they stamped the colored circles useing a pencil eraser. It worked out pretty good too. We did half in the brillant blue card base with red mini star brads I got these from ...... wait for it!! Michaels, sorry target couldn't help us with this supply. I had gotten these earlier in June. They thought it was neat that they could find all different kinds of words in this background stamp. Oh yeah, the other half was real red with blue mini star brads. They wheren't very impressed with the envelope for this one. They had already started the next card and was tiring of coloring stamps with markers so we only put three rows on the envelope.
For this next one I'll just say teenagers and fine powders don't mix well. They had white embossing powder all over my dining room table, floor, and about everything else that was on the table. Luckily this was the only card we did any heat embossing on. We tried doing with the white craft ink, but it just let the sponged red and blue bleed through too much. We also used a stamp from the All about occasions new stamp set I got in my demo kit. I've already used this silly star on a few things. I pulled out my lexicon of love stamps since it had the celebrate definition and the girls got to play with the spiral punch. They thought that was just the "kewlest".
But alas here they where again hand inking a stamp. If nothing they will know how to do that from this weekend. We used real red, brillant blue, confetti white, and ballet blue papers. This one was nicknamed the "card of death". The girls got very tired of hand coloring in the diamonds. It even took some coxing to get them to finish the envelopes. But once they where done and they saw the finished product they where quite pleased with themselves. I love how the checker board type pattern looks on this one. We also made this one a birthday card and added a sparkle star from Target. T
he last card the girls made was one on my own designs with a little inspriation from the stampin up website. I saw this giraffe card on there that used the swipeing method of polished stone and it just knew it would work for the stripes and the star section is using polished one tone over masked star stickers. Kinda like the patriotic t-shirts we made for Girl Scouts four years in a row. Katy and I still have several of them hanging around our house. Again they got to use the spiral punch, and stamped the star from the doodle numbers set on the back panel. The 4 is a cuttlebug cutout and the th is karen foster snap stamps. The happy is from a mini saying stamp set, sorry I don't have the sticker on the container, it's old and was given to me. We did the polished stone technique on the enve too. Add some more of that navy gingham and there ya go!! Who know's who will get one of these lovelies in the mail. I may just have to send every person in Huntsville, Alabama a card to get one to my secret big sis. (I know that got her attention!) lol Well it's getting late at the ol' casa so I'm off to bed. More later, I'll have to take a picture of what hubby has been working on over the last week. He might have it done before the summer is out. We'll just have to wait and see. Well tootles for now!!
here's our July birthday card. We had some sparkly stars from Target (we made out like bandits in their dollar spot). And some pretty gingham ribboon and the happy everything stamp set and here ya go. We couldn't figure out where to place the stars and moved them around one way, then another, then back again, until we came up with this one. You may not see it but the white paper is the confetti white SU! paper. So there is a speckling to the white that worked well with the real red panel and the blue ribbon.
We also made a "friendship" twin to the birthday card. I told you the girls where in love with my cuttlebug. Only we ran out of sparkle stars so we used some dangles from you guessed it Target dollar spot. There was USA, peace, and God bless the USA. We had twelve of those little charms so there where plenty for the girls to share. Each person got some of each design to take home with them. Just some harmless advertising!! Who knows if their moms or other relative might like them and want to join in on the fun. At this point we where in need of a quick and easy card so the girls came up with this one.
I handwrote in the "4th" and they did the rest. They thought it was funny that they stamped the colored circles useing a pencil eraser. It worked out pretty good too. We did half in the brillant blue card base with red mini star brads I got these from ...... wait for it!! Michaels, sorry target couldn't help us with this supply. I had gotten these earlier in June. They thought it was neat that they could find all different kinds of words in this background stamp. Oh yeah, the other half was real red with blue mini star brads. They wheren't very impressed with the envelope for this one. They had already started the next card and was tiring of coloring stamps with markers so we only put three rows on the envelope.
For this next one I'll just say teenagers and fine powders don't mix well. They had white embossing powder all over my dining room table, floor, and about everything else that was on the table. Luckily this was the only card we did any heat embossing on. We tried doing with the white craft ink, but it just let the sponged red and blue bleed through too much. We also used a stamp from the All about occasions new stamp set I got in my demo kit. I've already used this silly star on a few things. I pulled out my lexicon of love stamps since it had the celebrate definition and the girls got to play with the spiral punch. They thought that was just the "kewlest".
But alas here they where again hand inking a stamp. If nothing they will know how to do that from this weekend. We used real red, brillant blue, confetti white, and ballet blue papers. This one was nicknamed the "card of death". The girls got very tired of hand coloring in the diamonds. It even took some coxing to get them to finish the envelopes. But once they where done and they saw the finished product they where quite pleased with themselves. I love how the checker board type pattern looks on this one. We also made this one a birthday card and added a sparkle star from Target. T
he last card the girls made was one on my own designs with a little inspriation from the stampin up website. I saw this giraffe card on there that used the swipeing method of polished stone and it just knew it would work for the stripes and the star section is using polished one tone over masked star stickers. Kinda like the patriotic t-shirts we made for Girl Scouts four years in a row. Katy and I still have several of them hanging around our house. Again they got to use the spiral punch, and stamped the star from the doodle numbers set on the back panel. The 4 is a cuttlebug cutout and the th is karen foster snap stamps. The happy is from a mini saying stamp set, sorry I don't have the sticker on the container, it's old and was given to me. We did the polished stone technique on the enve too. Add some more of that navy gingham and there ya go!! Who know's who will get one of these lovelies in the mail. I may just have to send every person in Huntsville, Alabama a card to get one to my secret big sis. (I know that got her attention!) lol Well it's getting late at the ol' casa so I'm off to bed. More later, I'll have to take a picture of what hubby has been working on over the last week. He might have it done before the summer is out. We'll just have to wait and see. Well tootles for now!!
4 comments:
What great patriotic cards! I especially love the Doodle This Flower! Very nice!
Great cards Deb! Who are "the girls"? Do you already have a stampin' group? We need to catch up!
Oh man! These are fabulous Deb! I just may have to make a few more to send to the troops!
HI! I got this box a couple days ago & had no idea how to get ahold of you. These cards are awesome! Thank you so much. One of our Gold Star Mom's has a birthday coming up & we are doing a surprise party for her....do you mind if I use one of the birthday cards for her? I know she will love it. Let me know ok?
Post a Comment