Here's a pic for the day!! It's of my Dad. Since Father's Day is Sunday I thought I'd share one of the pictures I took of him while we where at the
cabin. Yep, he's a gruff old CEEBEE. That's the Construction Batalion in the Navy. Retired Master Chief 25 years in service. And my all time hero. When we moved back to Texas my freshman year of high school he started working for Lockheed out this way and retired from there five years ago. Both my folks are now retired and enjoying life as senior citizens. Dad still oversees all the construction and home repairs that are done on his as well as mine and my brother's houses. He's currently working on a cover for our back porch slab. He'll be supervising David and Rick as they build the footers for the posts that will hold up the cover tomorrow. So if you try calling me tomorrow you won't get anyone, I'll be stampin at Sharrons and David, Rick, and Dad will be working outside. DD will probably be the goffer for them. We are taking my dad to the drive-in tomorrow night to see Spider Man 3 and Shrek 3. That will be interesting. My dad is a night owl, always has been really. He's a man of few words until you get him on one of his military memories. Then you'll learn alot about military life. He's honest, fair, stern, calm natured, has a deep belief in integrity, hard work, and family. Even though he was ship board most of my early childhood, I remember the closeness my parents have even during their times apart. They talk over everything, usually in private but us kids always knew they had talked and was united in their decisions. My dad has always encouraged me in whatever decisions I have made and has given me the room to make my own mistakes and learn from them without any judgement. He's always been there to dust me off and help me learn to pick myself back up and try again. I'll never forget him telling me my first year in collage away from home when I was having a very difficult time and crying to my folks on the phone because I was about to fail my first class ever (it was the first semester of freshman english), "If I failed at something that was okay, but if I failed and didn't learn something from it that was a waste." That was the first time I realized he understood how hard it is for me to accept failure. And I also learned I'm more like my dad then I thought. Needless to say I was able to retake the course over the winter break and make a B and made an A the next semester from the same professor for the spring semester. I just had to prove to that professor that I could do it. So I did thanks to my Dad beleiving in me. I'm one blessed daughter.
cabin. Yep, he's a gruff old CEEBEE. That's the Construction Batalion in the Navy. Retired Master Chief 25 years in service. And my all time hero. When we moved back to Texas my freshman year of high school he started working for Lockheed out this way and retired from there five years ago. Both my folks are now retired and enjoying life as senior citizens. Dad still oversees all the construction and home repairs that are done on his as well as mine and my brother's houses. He's currently working on a cover for our back porch slab. He'll be supervising David and Rick as they build the footers for the posts that will hold up the cover tomorrow. So if you try calling me tomorrow you won't get anyone, I'll be stampin at Sharrons and David, Rick, and Dad will be working outside. DD will probably be the goffer for them. We are taking my dad to the drive-in tomorrow night to see Spider Man 3 and Shrek 3. That will be interesting. My dad is a night owl, always has been really. He's a man of few words until you get him on one of his military memories. Then you'll learn alot about military life. He's honest, fair, stern, calm natured, has a deep belief in integrity, hard work, and family. Even though he was ship board most of my early childhood, I remember the closeness my parents have even during their times apart. They talk over everything, usually in private but us kids always knew they had talked and was united in their decisions. My dad has always encouraged me in whatever decisions I have made and has given me the room to make my own mistakes and learn from them without any judgement. He's always been there to dust me off and help me learn to pick myself back up and try again. I'll never forget him telling me my first year in collage away from home when I was having a very difficult time and crying to my folks on the phone because I was about to fail my first class ever (it was the first semester of freshman english), "If I failed at something that was okay, but if I failed and didn't learn something from it that was a waste." That was the first time I realized he understood how hard it is for me to accept failure. And I also learned I'm more like my dad then I thought. Needless to say I was able to retake the course over the winter break and make a B and made an A the next semester from the same professor for the spring semester. I just had to prove to that professor that I could do it. So I did thanks to my Dad beleiving in me. I'm one blessed daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment