Monday

Lots of fun stuff we made at Sharron's

I didn't get a chance to post last workshop so I'll post both of them now. First we made these cute tote bags. Each of us girls where just carrying our goodies home in a paper protector so we remedied that with these canvas washable totes. They are about 14 x 14 in size. I choose to do my with bugs and those cute frogs I like with a saying I have on one of my old CM t-shirts that says, "Nothing Bugs Me When I'm Scrappin'" I just changed it to Stampin'. I really love this alpha stamp set. We played with different medium of permanent washable inks like craft, luminiers, pearl-ex, and stazon. Robin did Roses on hers, Terri did tulips, and Daniel did soccer kids. Sharron had the bugs and tulip ones made up for samples. We had such a blast doing these. I wish I had taken my camera with me to take a shot of all our bags. Then we made made a cute Father's Day card that could be from our daughters. To their dads. All four of us have daughters so that worked out really great. Sharron also had some blue supplies available if we wanted to make some boy themed ones. I just love this elephant from "wild about you" stamp set. I'm so glad it is remaining in the catty. I know that will be a set I'll get soon. We used pretty in pink, ww, and night of navy papers, night of navy, pretty pink, going gray, and mello moss inks, and the pretty gingham ribbon. Love this type of ribbon. We even made matching envies. I jumped when I was stamping it there. OOOPPPPSSS!

This last saturday we made a really neat window box card. It's more of a hanging window then a card. It's 3-D and uses a section of an acetate sheet (transparency). Sharron didn't have any of these and me being a teacher I have several boxes in with my room supplies bens so I was able to dig some out for her. The transparencies teachers use are a little more flexible to work with then the acetate sheets you purchase for card crafts, which made it easier for us to work with. Mine where actually thicker also. They worked out nicely. Use what ya got is a favorite saying around here. Here's some photos of the one I made. (I've gotta start taking my camera.) We had a yellow/orange one, a pretty Apricot one, a rose and eggplant one, and then there is my standard mellow moss and perfect plum one. Here's a sideways view to see the layers. Boy was that alot of hand cutting. (NOT my favorite thing to do!) I used:
Paper: Perfect plum, Almost Artichoke, Mellow Moss, and Ivory Confetti.
Inks: Stamp pads in perfect plum and Elegent Eggplant, markers in pale plum, perfect plum, and mellow moss, and elegent eggpant. And used some moss grosgrain ribbon behind the butterfly and as the hanger that is glued and stapled in place on the back panel.

Then we made some cards just for fun. We got to use the bodacious bouquet stamp set and some dazzling diamonds in the centers of the flowers. Also Sharron fell in love with my cuttlebug a few months ago and decided she just had to have one so we used the stylized flowers folder for the BG. We did the torn paper technique and lickity split we where done. We used pretty in pink, regal rose, apricot appeal, and gable green. Some garden green ribbon and regal rose ink and there you have it.
Then we still had some time so Sharron pulled out the remains of leftover kits and we made this beauty that we hadn't gotten to before. I just love this old set too. Such pretty butterflies. And the saying is one of my favorites!! Not sure if you have read it but here ya go, "Spread your love everywhere you go. ~Mother Teresa" The blowers remind me of the large delight in life flower. The colors are buckaroo blue, mello moss, and ww. Well that's all for now. I got the HAPPY MAIL all packaged and ready to mail out this evening. Need to run up to the post office later today. Now to upload a sneaky peek for you of the goodies and the cards they will be getting. I hope they like them, I think they turned out realy nice.

No comments:

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.