1. One of my very favorite foods is broccoli.
2. I go through a jar of pickles a week. The whole dill kind.
3. Tofu is the last food I would ever put in my mouth. I would probably let myself starve before putting it anywhere near my mouth.
4. I eat my steak medium. I like a little pink showing.
5. I like ketchup with my french fries. Unless they are from McDonald's -- McDonald's fries are perfect plain. (okay I know there is always salt on them)
6. I once payed $15 American for a hamburger in France. And it was at a McDonalds and wasn't very good. We where told it wasn't really cow we had eaten.
7. I have never read any of the Harry Potter books, but I've seen all the movies.
8. I hate all horror movies. Don't care much for nightmares
9. My first college major was Music Education and I was only one and half years away from graduation when I decided to change majors. Did I mention I hate competition and public performing?
10. I was the Handbell Choir Director/Conductor for our church when we lived in Alaska. We performed once a month and each Sunday service in December. At least I got to have my back to the audience. I felt like a flappin fool sometimes up there. I use to wear a cream long sleeved silk blouse under a black vest. David thought I looked like a seagull trying to take flight and would snicker from time to time (I could hear him!).
11. My parents got to see me Conduct one Sunday Service when they visited us there.
12. I love old country roads with the trees hanging over them.
13. When I was in high school, you could find me at every football game. Not by choice but requirement, I was in band. Our football team almost always lost. The highlight of our games was the band's halftime performance. We where all 1s for the four years I was in high school. Even went to state three years.
14. My favorite book is the Bible. Okay, I'm not a reading fan. But I do read my bible almost everyday. I may miss a day here or there, but I'd say 13 out of 14 for me.
15. My next favorite is Better Homes and Garden's Cookbook. I use to read it more then my Bible, mom's cooking influence. But now I only go there for special recipes.
16. I perfer wooden floors to carpet, tile to leno, and thick grass to sun burnt brown stuff. Now where did I put our yard hose?
17. I hate washing dishes by hand, hence the reason I always put it off. Now we have a teen for that! hee hee But alas only for a few more short years.
18. I would rather do straightening up every day then cleaning once a week. It's just a matter of terminology and time.
19. I really love music. I love almost all types of music. My only requirement is that I must be able to understand what the singer is saying. So no rappin' for this gangsta mama.
20. I wish I knew how to play the piano better. yeah yeah, I know practice makes perfect. Who's got time for practice, I'd rather be perfect!! lol sorry, old joke!
21. I had my hair cut in a pixie most of my young life. If you know me, you know how thick and curly my hair "was".
22. I am allergic to just about everything that grows, most purfumes, and all sented candles. I just love going to baby and wedding showers. sniff sniff.
23. I have had chickpox twice, and shingles once.
24. My brother was hospitalize for chickpox that I gave him because he was allergic to the virus.
25. We decided to wait until DD was born to find out she was a girl. Even though the doc kept telling us we where having a boy because of her heart rate. What do doctors know?
26. The thought of all those pink things made me want to hurl while I was pregnant, but once she was here I fell in love with pink.
27. Until she was about four at least 50% of her wardrobe was some shade of pink.
28. To this day DD hates pink, I wonder why? But she looks so pretty in pink!
29. I have short stubby toes and if it weren't for having wide feet I would wear a size 7.
30. When I was little, my mom would make most of my clothes.
31. She made my wedding dress also.
32. When I was a Senior I got my first car, a dark green Chrysler LaBaron. Loved that car! I traded it in for a Honda Civic hatchback! Now I can pack that thing to the roof and still get another basket of dirty laundry in. See what skills you learn while attending college.
33. I love roses but I think baby's breath is tacky. Just give me the roses and we'll call it good.
34. In Alaska we covered our windows with foil and cardboard in the summer because of the sun. Darn those 22 hour days of bright sunlight. But the 20 hours of pitch black night in the winter was great for hibernating.
35. I have to sleep with a fan running for circulation and static noise. And did I mention I like it dark, no lights, not even the clock.
36. One of my most embarrassing moments was after my freshmen science class. We where working with bleach and "someone", initials KENT!, put bleach in my chair. Needless to say by the end of our class period my dark jeans where no longer dark on my backside. It wasn't until the end of the day that one of my friends told me about it. My science class was 2nd period.
37. We always have a chocolate chip pancake and sausage breakfast Christmas Morning before opening presents.
38. I don't remember ever really believing in Santa. We did Santa, but I never really believed it. Just played along.
39. I CANNOT eat without having something spill or drop onto my clothes. A trait my daughter has picked up, much to her dismay.
40. I have had seven cars in my life and have paid off three of them, traded two, and totaled the one prior to the one I currently have.
41. I have been in three car accidents, I was hit in all three of them, all where in wet weather, by younger teenage drivers (one without insurance).
42. I love driving a stick shift (manual transmission, my first two cars where), but have become accustomed to automatics.
43. The first thing I do in the morning is hit the snooze about three or four times while rolling DH out of bed.
44. I used to collect blown glass horses and unicorns. (Until my college roommate broke up with her boyfriend and was throwing pillows around). Oooopps! Crash!
45. I use to be an accountant at a Credit Union, but the stress of the job caused me to quit. Now I'm a teacher! (haha) Just kidding I left to return to teaching pre-school. But I did hate the stress from that job.
46. I have never shoplifted. I was always too afraid of what my dad would say or do if I got caught, and I really believed I would definently get caught.
47. I have never smoked cigeretts. My whole family smoked, but I thought it was disgusting. Still do.
48. I don't like swimming much, I really hate being out of water and feeling wet all over.
49. I still hand dial my folks' phone number even though they are on our spead dial.
50. I always get heartburn after eating mexican food. Like tonight!! Where are my tums when I need them.
Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment