Friday

Teacher Appreciation


Well I know it's not April, but teachers need all the appreciation they can get. So we decided to show Katy's teachers a little love by sending each of them a little something to congradulate them for "surviving" the first few weeks of the school year. What started this all was a discussion about gratitude. One area Katy usually does a good job at is encouraging those around her. One of the questions we asked her was, "What do feel you could do more in the relationships God has placed in your life right now?" Yes, this is a deep question for some, but it's always amazed us the answers she gives us. She came up with the idea of showing her teachers more appreciation through respect and encouraging acts. When we questioned her further on these so called encouraging acts her response was that her mom could make some cool stuff for them that she could give them. We all laughed a bit. Was this an encouraging act of hers or her mom's? lol We decided it would be both. So we put together some little goodies for each of her teachers. It's not much, but its from the heart. So here's a picture of the packages we made. There are two cards, one coordinating pen, and a post-it wallet. We used the stamp set Give Thanks and the Leaves Awash wheel. We also use up some retired True Thyme paper I had. We made the little topper for the goodie bags. I hope they will all like their gifts. I also added a business card inside the post-it note wallet incase someone might be interested in stamping. Well that's about all for now. Have a great Weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I would (and always) appreciate these little acts of kindness in BIG ways from my students and their parents! Just this week, I got all excited about a mom giving me a ziplock bag full of little clips to be used however I want, not just in the classroom. Your gifts will actually be used outside of the classroom doors and will make the teachers happy outside of the school too!

Amy said...

Wow! Those are beautiful gifts. I'd be blown away by something like that. I need to make something for Zoe's sitter. I am going to have to CASE these! Great job.

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.