Wednesday

The Blues have IT

Just a quick card using Star Studded Season. This is such a great holiday set. Mostly the sentiments are really great. But this star makes a really nice quick and easy card. I used a rock and roll technique on the main star. I did goof though, okay that only gives you license to call me a goof for today, Jaz!! lol I grabbed the night of navy instead of the not quite navy I was intending to use. so the edges of the main star is night and the words at the bottom are not, I'm probably the only one that will notice, but I just had to make you laugh today. lol Silly Deb! Anyway I tried to make the silver cord kinda look like light rays. The cord is fun to work with. I'll be stocking up on this to use throughout the year. (I hope they put it in the Jan. catty) Anyway the base is sky blue then a panel of bayou blue with stamped stars with silver encore (I know it looks white here), then layer the sentiment piece that has been torn and pad to paper aged. The sentiment was stamped in the bayou blue then using the marker colored over with not quite navy for the "star" word. Then the cord is wrapped around,tied with a small piece behind where the star goes, and the final touch is the rocked star. Then the layers are attached to the base. The card is really shiny IRL. I got the idea from a card on SCS so you can see tons of great ideas there. I'm adding this one to our Christmas Card workshops. I plan on having 20 different designs for the ladies to try over the four months of the series. They are loving them so far. There is still room in this month's class. Give me a ring if you want to join us!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Pretty! I love that star image!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.