Tuesday

What were you doing?

Quick: What were you doing ten, twenty and thirty years ago?

Ten years ago: I was moving from Elieson AFB in Alaska back to Fort Worth, Texas to house set for my In-Laws for three years. All of our belongings where boxed up and would stay that way until after Christmas that year (much to my displeasure). We where not happy about leaving Alaska, but didn't really have a choice in the matter. The cost of living without a military salary was way beyond our means. So back to a more familiar and closer to family area. With a five year old ready to start Kindergarden. And very little job prospects we where very anxiuouse to get settled and secure financial means. Little did we know at that time but we would have three more moves until finally putting down roots in our own casa in my hometown.

Twenty years ago: I was attending Trinity Valley College under a music ed degree with full scholarship due to three performing groups in the music department. I lived in the dorms and the music building. My dearest friend and roommate was Beth. We had such crazy adventures together. Our ritual Sunday evening ice cream walk was one of the highlights of our week. We ate more salads then I care to remember in our Cafeteria, and walked everywhere in that small county seat town. I truely believe God spared me from alot of problems that others around me where going through. Not that those things couldn't happen to me, just something would happen to prevent me from being where they were at just the right moment. Like my best friend coming in for the weekend to see me while the group I hung with got into trouble drinking. I feeling a strong need to go home one weekend when our dorm rooms where broken into. And a girlfriend of mine needed me to drive her home the very evening one of my fellow jazz band members was trying to find me to ask me out to a kegger. Lots of little things like that happened then. I missed out on many a dating experiences due to not being available, and later finding out that that may have not been the safest date after all. Thank you God for protecting and guiding me then as you have done my entire life and continue to do to this day.

Thirty years ago: I was in the sixth grade, I don't remember much about what that year was like except I got to pick what instrument I wanted to play in band in middle school, I was embarrassed when one of my friends told the boy i had a crush on I liked him, and I was home sick for two weeks in bed. I remember the day I came down sick because I kept telling the teacher I needed to see the nurse or something, after about three times telling her this and her finally checking my temperature, she sent me to the principal. We called my mom and I was so sick I just wanted to set on the white concrete steps out front in the sun to wait. I fell asleep out there and it was about an hour before they found me, I was running a very high fever. We lived in an old white house with tall pines and a large whisteria bush in the front. I would get stung by bees and have a severe allergic reaction and then that bush would be cut down and removed that next spring. My best friends were Sandy and Erica. That year I really liked a boy named James Riddle. He had an identical twin brother named David. I dreamed that I would marry a twin named David and at that time I thought it might be David Riddle. After my friend told him I liked him I lost interest and just dismissed the dream. I remember I had the dream a few years back when I found my diary from those years in a box of stuff at mom's. And I did end up marrying a David that was a twin. Interesting enough. I wonder if God was trying to tell me something.

****All right, You are tagged if you are reading this. It's really an experiment to see how many degrees we can separate (kind of like Kevin Bacon, only it's relevantblog). Even if you're not tagged, don't be crabby, just take up the baton and run with it.

Here's what was ask: Have folks post their 10-20-30s, and then link back to the Mother Ship (http://www.relevantblog.blogspot.com/) or you can write a comment at this blogsite, saying where you heard about this experiment and sharing where you blog. This isn't to build her empire, it's to find out how far we can expand the blogosphere. After all her talk about blog tours, it got her thinking. How many people can one blog potentially reach? So have fun with this one.

No comments:

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.