Today I was playing with some scraps in my basket and was thinking about a small gift I needed to package for Christmas this year so I came up with this little gift box. Our household's traditional decorating colors are deep red, gold, and cream. The snowflakes are gold heat embossed using the snowflake wheel prior to folding and taping it together. The gold actually has a more grained effect then it would normally because I actually couldn't decide on to do it with versamark only and it started to dry up before I put the powder to it. I kinda like the texture though, so it's still good for me. I used three ribbons: gold cord, red gingham, and red grosgrain to tie the tag onto the box. I plan to put the gift in and then top with some white scredded crickle paper. The gift tag is glossy with gold heat embossed the big tag from the Tags on Board from the Holiday Mini Catty. Everything in the mini will be gone after November 31st. I have so enjoyed the wonderful holiday sets and both DSPs from the mini catty. And I am hoping and praying that True friend makes the Spring-Summer collection. It's such a wonderful set. I'll be stamping with it soon as I just got it in. I have two holiday layouts for you gals to try and about a dozen other fun everyday layouts using the wheel and the stamp set. I can't wait to share them at our next Stampin' Club. Let me know if you will be attending this month.
Friday
Did someone say RED!!
Today I was playing with some scraps in my basket and was thinking about a small gift I needed to package for Christmas this year so I came up with this little gift box. Our household's traditional decorating colors are deep red, gold, and cream. The snowflakes are gold heat embossed using the snowflake wheel prior to folding and taping it together. The gold actually has a more grained effect then it would normally because I actually couldn't decide on to do it with versamark only and it started to dry up before I put the powder to it. I kinda like the texture though, so it's still good for me. I used three ribbons: gold cord, red gingham, and red grosgrain to tie the tag onto the box. I plan to put the gift in and then top with some white scredded crickle paper. The gift tag is glossy with gold heat embossed the big tag from the Tags on Board from the Holiday Mini Catty. Everything in the mini will be gone after November 31st. I have so enjoyed the wonderful holiday sets and both DSPs from the mini catty. And I am hoping and praying that True friend makes the Spring-Summer collection. It's such a wonderful set. I'll be stamping with it soon as I just got it in. I have two holiday layouts for you gals to try and about a dozen other fun everyday layouts using the wheel and the stamp set. I can't wait to share them at our next Stampin' Club. Let me know if you will be attending this month.
The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment