Another swap card from Jenn. Again this same crisp blue and white combo. This one uses the large medalion form true friends stamp set that just became unavailable in the mini catty. I pray they bring it into the regular catty in january. I really like this set. I haven't really had a chance to play with my set too much yet, except to make some medalions like this for another card. We also used the matching wheel on it as well, I'll have to share a pic of that one soon. Anywho, back to this card. I like the rhinestone brad that is used and the snow wheel. Just in case you where wondering here's the recipe:Stamps: Snow wheel, True Friend, Wishes and Hugs
Paper: W white, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Blue Rhinestone Brad
Tip for the day: Ever find yourself on christmas wrapping present day that you bought two of the same gifts for the same person, or that you got four gifts for one cousin but only two for another. Or even bought numerous presents for one person because you forgot you had bought the prior ones. Well we have done that in the past and decovered that if we are going to continue collecting the gifts throughout the year so we get an early start (yeah, I know Dec 26 is really too early for next year, lol). And this method of christmas pre-shopping is not only economical, but saves you from all those commercialized impulse buys and entrapments. But to make it really work you had to be organized enough to keep a well guarded list away from peeping eyes. Well this is my seventh year of doing this and I have to say it really does make for a less stressed holiday season. This month's financial changes would have devastated our christmas giving if I hadn't pre-shopped and prepared prior to Thanksgiving. And this year I was close to finished by Halloween. Now keep in mind these last final gifts are handmade and supplies where purchased prior to thanksgiving so this made us so less stressed about the holiday. Now we can relax and enjoy our family times and activities and an occasional store stroll for a little extra something from time to time. Okay, enough of the babbling on those elf trails. The point here is make your list and keep it safe when you early buy for any occasion. I wonder if I'm one of few or many that pre-shop and early buy for the holidays?
No comments:
Post a Comment