
Where here's the full photos of the technique class from November. I spaced so you are getting these a little late. Sorry! At least I have there

for you now. The ribbon is a little tricky to get into the punched holes though. I rolled it small and pushed it through being careful not to rip the cardstock. Then flatten out the ends. Just in case you can't tell the little tag on the gift box uses the technique for the month - polished stone. This is my all time favorite technique and it is so easy to create a great texture kinda like a marble look. The box uses river rock cardstock, a half sheet of 8.5x11 longways. Just do a basic box shape. Make two holes using the small size on your cropadile on each side to slide the ribbon through. the box is stamped using baroque motif in soft sky, blue bayou, river rock, and chocolate chip prior to folding and adhereing. I used sticky strip as it will hold much better then anything else. Just make sure you line it up the first time because you don't get a second chance

with this stuff. The happy birthday sentiment is from Amazing to Zany stamp set. This second project is a case from SCS. I think I tweeked a bit but it's a really close copy, so It's not my own creation. So there are tons of inspiration out there, just get out and start looking. This also works good for any occasion just change out the sentiment. I didn't notice it before, but that ribbon is crooked, Where did I put that card? Oh yeah, the ribbon is put around the front flap and the ends are hide behind the chocolate chip panel. Cool trick ha? I like the ribbon showing on the inside. But I hate showing the raw edges of

ribbon, makes it look tacky in my opinion, unless you have tails or something. I'm not much into the staple the edges to the front kinda look. This last one is my favorite out of this technique class. I cased a card from my upline's website that used a solid background and changed it up to use the polished stone instead. If I don't say so myself I like this look better. And I just love these colors together. The tricky part was the swirl on the glossy, it likes to slid and you need to make certain the the alcohol is complete dried up from the polished stone effect before you apply it. The medalion we stamped using the stamp a ma jig. Did you think I was so good as to get that critter in the center all by myself? Sorry, confession, I'm no where near that good. I have to use the tools! This one uses the tails again. REmember: Fold, start, cut away to the edges out. We had a great time making these and my nana's group made them last saturday also. They loved them, even though we got a bit silly with the ink and alcohol. Maybe Margaritas next time ladies! We could do a salt technique. lol Well that's about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment