I was working up one of our technique classes and look what came out of my scrap bin. I wanted to use our new Hostess set we got from corporate and I was going to work on some Valentine's Day cards next, so I did a dual purpose card. Everything is current except the cord and the beads. I used what I had and made up a 16 kit to start off with. I raided the various bead supplies around the house and came up with a nice mix of pink, white, and red beads to work with. The inspiration for this one came from a card I got from my Secret Sister back in November. I love the dangling beads she made on her's but thought I'd try the real thing since these are going to be handed out instead. To keep the cord in place and because I cut and folded the cardstock short ways, I punched a 1/16 hole along the crease. I also added one of the clear brads I've been hording from the pretties kit. I'm resolved to sharing them now. Not sure if you can see it here, but I stamped the weathered BG on the pretty pink panel in Pretty in Pink ink. I also thought about doing it in the script BG, but I liked the more suttle look of the weathered. The main image is stamped on with black stazon onto glossy then crayon resisted and sponged with pretty in pink first then a little in Real red. Then rubbed all the edges of the glossy with the inked red sponge for a faux layer look. It is then matted in brushed silver and Real Red. Pretty simple card and I like it. What do ya'll think of it?
Monday
Working on some Valentine's Day Cards
I was working up one of our technique classes and look what came out of my scrap bin. I wanted to use our new Hostess set we got from corporate and I was going to work on some Valentine's Day cards next, so I did a dual purpose card. Everything is current except the cord and the beads. I used what I had and made up a 16 kit to start off with. I raided the various bead supplies around the house and came up with a nice mix of pink, white, and red beads to work with. The inspiration for this one came from a card I got from my Secret Sister back in November. I love the dangling beads she made on her's but thought I'd try the real thing since these are going to be handed out instead. To keep the cord in place and because I cut and folded the cardstock short ways, I punched a 1/16 hole along the crease. I also added one of the clear brads I've been hording from the pretties kit. I'm resolved to sharing them now. Not sure if you can see it here, but I stamped the weathered BG on the pretty pink panel in Pretty in Pink ink. I also thought about doing it in the script BG, but I liked the more suttle look of the weathered. The main image is stamped on with black stazon onto glossy then crayon resisted and sponged with pretty in pink first then a little in Real red. Then rubbed all the edges of the glossy with the inked red sponge for a faux layer look. It is then matted in brushed silver and Real Red. Pretty simple card and I like it. What do ya'll think of it?
The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.
1 comment:
Awesome card !
Post a Comment