Wednesday

Going Bananas for the Fruit

Well folks there's always one thing about life that continues to knock me off my feet. When things seem to smooth out it's just taking a breath to rev up for the big hurricane to come in. Yes, I'm being a little nonchalant about it all right now, but I've had and will probably still have my moments of weakness about all this. For those of you who don't already know, my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer on May 31st. This was a drastic blow from a different direction that we where not expecting. We have dealt with heart issues with him for the past four years, but this came totally out of the blue. Mom and Dad both are holding up well and staying very positive.
The blessing is that it was diagnosed early and they will start treatment in the next few weeks.
The second force is the beginnings of a long process dealing with my Brother. I'll not go into all the details here, too many and too upsetting at this time. I don't think everything has really totally hit us yet, but I know that's only a matter of time. So in my usually way I have dug in and kept very busy with crafts, spending even more time with family, and ever increasing fervent prayers. So if you read my blog and wonder why I'm not online for long periods of time "life" is the answer. So please be patient with me over the next few months. I'll post when I can and update everyone about the progresses. The positives about all this is I know Dad is a fighter and he'll get past this in his usual aunry way. lol It's drawn our family closer together by reminding us to be grateful for each other and the time we share. And finally it has increased communication of a deeper level between my folks and my brother. For now please keep us in your prayers and may God be glorified through these situations.
And just because I may not get anything else posted for a bit, here's a little peak into some things that are on the planning table for the next few months. We made this cute little double pocket bag and I just had to play with my new fruity set. So these are 3x3 cards that I made up a few weeks back. Both cards are word window cards so when you open them the sentiment is on the inside of the card. I started with the strawberry one and after placing the cutout on it needed a little something so I came up with the lace work of gingham. There is just something about gingham and apples, oh yeah, that is what is in my kitchen. lol
Prayers and Blessings this Wednesday! Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, I am sending strong healthy wishes to you and all of your family!

I love the apples AND the new signature.

Don't forget to take good care of yourself in the midst of all of this chaos. Sometime we women forget!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.