Monday

I promised!!

Well here's the pictures of what I made for the swap on Saturday. This is the card design I came up with. I used a rock & roll technique for the happy flower and threaded punches. Used scalloping scissors and white-out to make the dots. The card base and the pixie pink paper panel is cuttlebugged with flower dots embossing folder. Add a brown polka dot ribbon for a leaf-like accent and there ya go.
I would post pictures of the other cards we made, but not sure if there is any issues with copy rights. Plus I just feel funny posting other's creations especially if I can't remember who designed what. There where so many great designs and such fun techniques. Even the challenging ones! Yes, there where some difficult ones for me, I got an oppertunity to try some new techniques and learn how to do a few things I hadn't tried before. Like the never ending card, it was so intimidating and took me a while to complete. David thought it was really cool. I guess I'll have to recreate one of my own someday. And there was a card using alcohol and reinkers that I hadn't done before. Not sure of the name of that technique, I think it's polished stone. Overall I had a wonderful time. The general consenses is that we all loved our day together, and boy did our bodies tell us about it. I was so exhausted last night I crashed as soon as I hit the pillow. And it was so hard getting up this morning. Anyway, here's a picture of all the ladies. Some of the other card designs are on SCS and they are going to create a gallery for our cards soon. Anyway until then I'll share the card I made tonight for the Featured Stamper Challenge. I used Tempting Turquoise and Cool Caribean. I added a paisley background and used part of a thanks tag and stamped on the birthday word. I got to use the happy everything and big blossom sets. And the pretty striped ribbon is from Michaels. The big blossom is paper pierced around the edges and the flower stamp is cut-out using a 1" circle punch. I even ecoed the flower motif in the envy to the left. It is cased from Cindy's Faux Big Blossom card. These colors are quick becoming faves. So cool, so relaxing. Okay, now I've gotta go play some more. Maybe I'll come back with alot of new stuff to share. And I need to take picture of the two door prizes I won. Lots of goodies. Have a great one!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

your card was great and it sounds like it was really fun. I'd love to do that. I don't think there are events like that much in Houston. I need to find out about it.

Have a great week!

Allison Rankin said...

These cards are great too!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.