Thursday I got to spend some time with an old friend running errands all over town and having lunch. I even was able to get some much needed adhesive and a flower dots embossing plate for my cuttlebug (Joann's had them on sale for $3.50). Taught her how to load her sewing machine and the bobbin. Did alot of talking about everything under the sun. Overall the rain didn't affect our chatter and fun. Even enjoyed the drive back home, saw some beautiful rainbows, sorry I didn't have the camera (don't faint Jaz!! lol).
Friday I got the house ready for company. The typical change the sheets, make sure we have fresh towels available, a quick sweep and vaccum. Planned our cookout menu and shopped. Boy where those steaks good, even get to enjoy some left overs today. ANYWAY!!

Friends came in late that night we stayed up really late and chatted. Guys did their thing talking and working with the computers, not sure if they ever got a chess game in there. Us gals did our craft sharing and chit chatting. It's so great how we all get along and have those common bonds. They are such great friends and wonderful serving hearts, we are truely blessed to have them in our lives. It's great how God puts people in your path and keeps the special ones running through it like colors in a tapestry. Okay, can we say feeling a little sentimental today? We know them from our mission days and the bonds built in those situations have made us better people because of it. Amy is such a great lady to know. She's very creative and has a heart to serve God and others around her. It's been so amazing to watch her go from a single vibrant woman to a supportive, life partner to her husband Brett, and now also a loving, intuitive mother. She's so fun to watch how she interacts with Zoe. She has such an amazing heart. I look forward to seeing her continue in her growth.

Saturday our guests where with their family in the area and we got some laundry done and the yard and grill cleaned up some. We grilled the steaks and veggies YYYUUUUUMMMMMM!!
And then it was back to crafting for us girlies. We had such a great time crafting and having to share the adhesive roller (wink, wink). Started a 62 card challenge to send home with my great friend Amy and my daughter even got some really cute cards made. She's now addicted to the Cuttlebugs as much as I am. Poor David. He's doomed to girly projects run a muck. Stayed up late again, but it was worth it. If you get a chance you should go check out Amy's blog, she's got some beautiful cards and a great wit.
Sunday visited the RHCOC and really enjoyed the service. Sang some old favorites and some new tunes. The message was really good also. We heard about the comminalities within the christian community. Very anti-segragative racially and economically. Which is biblical. I sometimes forget the privalages I have because of my salvation, it was great to be reminded. We where also able to eat lunch with our friends and hang out a little longer. It's so hard to say good bye with great friends. Then we headed to mom and dad's to help move some paving stones from the Plastino's place. Mom and I fixed a roasted chicken, mashed tators, and broccoli. It was nice to have a pleasant day with friends and family. There's just something about eating a meal with the people you care about that just makes the day peaceful and relaxing. Over all it was a great day.
Yesterday I worked on some cards. I really liked the black/white/red combo of the cards we worked on saturday so I started a set of my own. I think I'll keep notes so I can alter the instructions to make them more flexible. You know me I always have to expand on the instructions. I'll load pictures of them when they are finished. That reminds me, I haven't loaded the slide of March's card Challenge yet, I'll get on that today.
Hey, Amy, I sent you something yesterday that I found I thought you'd like. But you'll have to wait till you get it in the mail.
Tootles for now, get to have that left over piece of steak and veggies for lunch. YYYUUUUUMMMM!!!!!! Have a great day!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the kind words Debbie. I really enjoyed the visit too. Let's do it again!
I'll keep my eye on the mailbox!
Post a Comment