Well, I got some card making in last night and finished them up this morning. Thought ya'll would like to see what I came up with. I was playing with some dollar stamps I got earlier in the week. I just love this printed paper. Really girly, paisleys, flowers, and in the hip new colors that are popular this season. The dark paper is actually chocolate brown and the pink is a linen look with streakes of purple through it. The pictures don't do it justice. I also added my old standard of the small bow. There was a time where if you got a card from me it had to have a bow on it. Have I mentioned I love ribbon (and paper)? ROTFLOL. I really like the layered look to this. I also inked the edge of the printed paper, it needed something against the white card base. I've learned that water based inks don't like to stick to acrylic (clear) plastic stamps. That's why the flower has some marbleing spots to it. I kinda like the look as the paper is distressed already. And of course there is an envy to match. That's one of my trademarks. I love making a matching envy. Just a preview before opening.
I worked on another blue card. I really like these fishy friend stamps. The sentiment was a dollar find at Michaels'. I used a bright teal, green teal, white glossy, and celery papers. I distressed the glossy using a linen technique (still working on how to do this), cuttlebug swirled the green teal and watercolored the seahorse with my prisma watercolors. the inks used are ballet blue and mellow moss. This are some of my favorite colors to put together. Just reminds me of the sea and the ocean. The envey is cuttlebugs on the edge and then using the ink pad swiped across the top to highlight the embossing. I really like how the cuttlebuged enveys are turning out. I've been makeing small card sets when I make these and now I've got a shoe box of greetings to send to Kiki's cards soon. I still need to make some more birthday cards though. Just not motivated to do that right now. I was able to get some more christmas cards done. I'm trying to get small sets done each month so when November gets here I'll be ready to address and mail them after Thanksgiving. That's my goal, lets see how I do this year. I had this goal last year, but it wasn't until the 10 of December before I was able to get them mailed. There was a hold up on the newsletter we where typing up. I don't think we will go that route this year. I'm planning on trying something new this year. We'll see how it goes. Anyway!!Here's the batch of christmas cards for this month, and it's only the 5th. Now to finish up the Black/white/pink~red card challenge. I have the last one loaded up to the right check it out. Oh yeah, the christmas cards here ya go!!
2 comments:
Great job! I love the Christmas one again. Those are great stamps. Have a wonderful week!
Great set of cards...I love that bird stamp!
Post a Comment