Tuesday

Getting Organized

Here's my new storage unit. It's along side of one of my four plastic storage towers. As you can see I don't have my embellishments and ribbons organized yet. I got the stamp pad carasel in my last order so I have an easier time now finding the stamp pads I need. The four swaude cube baskets have retired stamp sets in them. I still have a large drawer of non-SU! stamps in it that I just can't part with. Currently I have twenty nive stamp sets that are in the new catty. Over half are from the old one. I was able to get three hostess sets (two with my kit and one pre-ordered), but I've been reasurred that I'll end up with them all if I keep booking demonstrations. I like to keep my cataloges stored in the bottom cube. Right now I'm just organizing them by the container size and listing them on a sheet per cube so I can find them. I do have ten old sets from 97'-99' that where the old foam mounted that I have unmounted and stored in CD cases. I'm planning to apply a cling adhesive since I still use some of these old friends from time to time. My plan is to never have more stamp sets then can fit in these cubes so I can see down the line selling off some of my well retired sets. We'll see how it goes, I may have to morn the loss when the time comes. lol I also ordered some ribbon holders on the last order and an embellishment carasel. I love the carasel but it is hard to see what you have in the drawers. I was considering organizing my embellishments by color groups: neutrals, reds & pinks, blues, greens, yellow & oranges, browns, purples, and black & grays. This system has worked great for me for many years with organizing my scrapbooking papers, so it seems only natural with the embellishments. I will be finding new homes for alot of scrapbooking supplies. I did give away over half of my papers, but still have tons of embellishments to go through. I do have a drawer full of paper pieced items that I will need to weed out. I may have to blog candy them when the time comes. I wonder if anyone would be interested in using them. Anyway, here's my paper storage. As you can see I'm still working on collecting paper supplies from SU! I have the pink and white basket at the top left for my stored card designs. I hold these until christmas or birthdays to make card sets from. The two spaces below the basket have my In Colors one with this current set and one with the last set of colors. I'm holding onto the older colors for some fall and chrismas projects I have planned. The four spaces below that hold the neutrals and extra papers like confettis, naturals, and kraft. Kraft is one of my favorite must have paper, I guess that's why I keep three packs on hand. In the middle I keep my 12x12 papers and my CM albums. I do have two SU! albums that I am currently working on. (one 6x6, one 12x12) The cubes on the right have the four color families. As you can see I am still working toward having a pack of each color to work with. I started with having two multi packs from each family and now am working on individual packs each month as well as what I need for demonstrations. I almost forgot to mention these cubes are in a cabnet so they close off so the papers don't get sun bleached. I learned many years ago that paper is best stored out of sunlight. Sun does fade paper over time. Anyway, if you have any storage ideas or comments I would be glad to read about them. I do read all of my comments and reply to many of them. Well I better get dinner going. Have a great evening out there in bloggerland.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks great Deb! I need to post my new area soon. I signed up to be a demonstator too and opened my kit today. I didn't even know I could've gotten hostess sets in the start up kit. Great idea. I am going to have my open house sometime before school starts. Hope you are well. Talk to you soon!

Stephanie Mosher said...

Love what you have done! I am living with the constant struggle of getting my room organized. I hope to get there soon :O) Thanks for the motivation!

Jeni Bond said...

I bought that exact shelf kit with the pink cloth drawers form Target. I love it! It through me when I saw it on your website. Great minds think alike-hahaha!

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.