The beauty of simplicity. This is one of my favorite holiday stamp sets. I saw some christmas cards years ago that used this layout and the image has been stuck in my mind until now. I think the original was an image of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus and used white mulberry paper. But as my supplies are limited, and I don't have white and do have about 6 pages of this pretty blue with white and navy strands in it, I thought it would be a wonderful substitute. Plus I just think this image is the sweetest. I started out with a card base of some older CS from SU! I got back in 97'. It's a natural CS in a soft gray color. It was part of a multi naturals pack back then. I never found a use for the gray until this design started to form. The I put a layer of night of navy, then silver cs (sorry the shine is a finer grain then the brushed paper we currently carry and doesn't really show up in the photo well), the the mulberry is placed on top. To get the feathered circle out of the mulberry I wet a regular watercolor paintbrush with water and drew a circle around the stamped image. I waited for it to soak into the paper and then gently pulled at the wetted edges. It was a very easy and simple touch that had elegent effects. After adhering the imaged mulberry paper to the silver layer using mono adhesive I felt it was missing something. The original stoped there. I felt some pretty ribbon would work nicely so I added this new gingham ribbon I just got for some snowflake cards. And then stamped in night of navy the dove stamp on the envie. So there you go, a simple elegent Christmas Card. Let me know what you think.
Saturday
A simple Christmas Card
The beauty of simplicity. This is one of my favorite holiday stamp sets. I saw some christmas cards years ago that used this layout and the image has been stuck in my mind until now. I think the original was an image of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus and used white mulberry paper. But as my supplies are limited, and I don't have white and do have about 6 pages of this pretty blue with white and navy strands in it, I thought it would be a wonderful substitute. Plus I just think this image is the sweetest. I started out with a card base of some older CS from SU! I got back in 97'. It's a natural CS in a soft gray color. It was part of a multi naturals pack back then. I never found a use for the gray until this design started to form. The I put a layer of night of navy, then silver cs (sorry the shine is a finer grain then the brushed paper we currently carry and doesn't really show up in the photo well), the the mulberry is placed on top. To get the feathered circle out of the mulberry I wet a regular watercolor paintbrush with water and drew a circle around the stamped image. I waited for it to soak into the paper and then gently pulled at the wetted edges. It was a very easy and simple touch that had elegent effects. After adhering the imaged mulberry paper to the silver layer using mono adhesive I felt it was missing something. The original stoped there. I felt some pretty ribbon would work nicely so I added this new gingham ribbon I just got for some snowflake cards. And then stamped in night of navy the dove stamp on the envie. So there you go, a simple elegent Christmas Card. Let me know what you think.
The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.
1 comment:
It is a beautiful card! I love the colors and your use of the mulberry paper with the stamp. I am a Christmas junkie....so thanks so much for the inspiration!
Post a Comment