Sunday

Some of the pictures we took at Holly

I said I would have lots to share and I discovered I only shared three of our pictures from our trip so here's some more I thought I would share. The first one is of a buckeye butterfly on some brown eyed susans. It looks like it has lost part of its hind wing to a predator or in an attempt to get free. But I was able to get several shots before it decided to scurry on it way. This second on is of a doe and her baby. We spotted her infront of our cabin and she stood so still for about five minutes and then we saw this little guy toddle across the drive to her. He seemed so scared and shaking walking. They nuzzled noses for a second and then darted into the bushes and scrub behind them. This was just on of the many deer sightings that week. I was very lucky to catch this baby one on camera though. The deer at Holly Lake are protected and most of the residence put our food for them like corn and cattle feed. After we went swimming (or should I say Katy went swimming) we came back and hung our towels over the porch railings to dry and we spotted several of these bright bottle green dragon flies. This one was actually the size of my thumb. This shot of the sunlight just before the sunset over the lake looking through the picnic area is one of my favorite shots taken. I don't know just reminds me of so many lake trips growing up and swimming in lakes until sunset then climbing into the back of dad's pickup and driving home watching the sunset through all the pines. And I love how you can see that white gazebo in the distance. It's just so peaceful to me. And the last picture is of some larkspurs we saw on the side of 69 between Mineola and Piney Mills one afternoon. We had to make a Wally World Run for some more charcoal so we decided to make an adventure of it and I got some really nice roadside photos of wildflowers. I just love he blue hue of these. And their petal shape is very interesting. Well that's enough for now. I need to upload some of the pictures I took from the fourth.

No comments:

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.