Sorry I havn't been online and havn't posted sooner. We've been back and forth between home and the hospital over this last four days. Dad decided to work out back in the heat and had an attack. It's still so hard for him to admit he has limitations now. This has been a ten year battle with him, he can be so stuburn and won't slow things down so he doesn't hurt himself. This attack was probably the hardest hitting for me yet. Before mom or even dad would catch the attacks at the start of them. This time I was in on all the fun. It's just hard to see my tough military stuburn intellegent dad seem so out of it and so incoherent. Just blankly stairing up at us from the chair mom made him set down in when it started. They ran some tests and kept him for three days for that and finially let him go home. They believe he was dehydrated, anemic, and due to his current meds should not have been out in the heat. We're just praying he'll listen to them this time about the heat. He'll be seeing his cardiologist within the next few weeks. And will be looking for an ok from him to travel. We will be driving up to Colorado and staying with family. We have a family reunion planned for the first week in August, but may or may not go depending on what the cardiologist says. I'm not sure he needs to go this time. THis is the first reunion for this part of the family, but they want to plan them every five years or so.
Anyway between these challenges I've needed to do some reorganizing of my craft area. I guess you could say I can't just set still and worry so I have to do something, right? So David got me a cube storage system and cube baskets from Target. And I got the fun job of taking everything out of my plastic drawer towers to reorganize my stamps, ink pads, and papers. I havn't yet gotten to the point of reorganizing my embellishments and all my scrapbooking supplies. That is a tedious job at best. But I did fill two very large boxes of non-SU! papers that are going to a new home to aid cancer patients. Here's the link for the information: LifeSpring Program
3 comments:
I hope your Dad gets to feeling better and you get good news from the cardiologist. It is very hard the older they get. I am starting to experience some of the same things. *HUG*
I suppose we can certainly
forgive you a little down time when your dad is ill.
It is a painful thing to watch your parents getting older and less able to everything they use to.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. And I can only imagine how you are feeling about your folks getting up in years and facing mortality. I'm here if you need to talk. Let us know if we can help in anyway. Love you sugar.
Post a Comment