Jodene had asked ""How do you start a card? Layout, sketch, colors, stamp, ect?" Well I have an answer and a card for you. Usually something visual will spark an idea, something in nature, some pretty new ribbon or embellishment, a layout idea from fellow crafters, lots of things will spark an idea to pop into my little noggen. I'm a visual person by nature and have an eye for the artistic flair so naturally I see designs and projects in the strangest of sights. Well today one of those sparks of creativity happened as I was looking through all our mail, mostly junk mail and advertisments. I got a sephoria catalog and they had this new purfume pictured. I thought the bottle was so pretty so I tried to create some cards from the inspiration. And here's what I came up with. This created a really simple no layered card. My cats even wanted to get up on the table and get in the act when I started getting the ribbon out.
They just love ribbon and sparkly things. lol My first try I used a reverse masking but I wasn't sure it was the look I was really after, so I tried just a plain jane version. I'm not sure which one I like better. Ya'll out there in bloggerland will just have to tell me what you think. Here is the recipe for the cards:Stamps: Bud Basics, Baroque Motif, and Holiday Wishes.
Inks and papers: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, on whisper white.
Accessories: 1/8 in silver ribbon, silver cord, and silver stickles for the flower centers.
Techniques: reverse masking.
Hope you like them.
3 comments:
That is a very nice card. I like it.
I want to thank you for answering both my questions. I agree with your ideas on marriage and hope mine will last a life time. Great cards. I never would of thought of using perfume for a card inspiration. You may of chanced how I look at things. Thanks again.
Absolutely GEORGEOUS!!!! I love them!
Cheryl
Post a Comment