Thursday

You asked!!

Okay, Jaz asked if I was "going to answer all the questions that are asked"
So I'd thought I'd start by answering a few a day until the drawing and then a couple each day or so until I've answered them all. How's that sound Jaz? One question answered!! lol


How did I get my name "turtle"? Asked by Cheryl KVD.

It is a nickname that was given to me when I was a freshmen in high school. I was quiet and shy and tended to keep to my small group of friends. During early band rehersals one of the upperclassmen section leaders asked me loudy if I was stuckup or a turtle or something. My best bud spoke up and said I wasn't stuckup but shy. So from that day forward I was nicknamed turtle. By the time I was a senior I loved it, but those early high school years where tough enough without a nickname.


Since you have been married 17 years "What do you do to keep your marriage strong"?
Asked by Jodene.
Even though we go through periods of feeling distant, and this is a normal part of growing from time to time, both my hubby and I work hard to put our marriage above other priorties in our lives. We aren't always completely successful, but our heart is to continue to work hard at staying close to each other and to God. We put God first, our marriage relationship second, then our daughter (this is vital for us and her), all other things line up behind these three relationships. Because life can get us so busy we miss the little jewels God places in our paths we make sure to schedule couple time on a regular basis. This takes shape in dates, get aways, vacations, roadtrips, surprise candle light dinners, foot rubs, and kidnappings. We've discovered, having a teenager, that it is vital for her to see and know that we plan these events and that we value our relationship more then the things we do outside the home. We feel truely blessed to be each other's first loves and feel a very special bond because of this fact. Don't get me wrong, by no means do we agree on everything or never get angry or upset with each other. We just know at a core level that we would rather work through any problem we face then to give up or walk away without fighting for our marriage or salvation.


Phew, sorry to get on my soap box, I have very strong convictions when it comes to marriage. Well three is a good start. Thank you for asking such great questions. I'll share more tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some stamping time in soon, still working my way through those craft draws and some boxes. I'd faint if anyone walked into my craft area right about now. And you probably would too! lol Have a wonderful Thursday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks as though even with the challenges you had a wonderful time in Colorado. I just this picture of you guys. Was this one in Amarillo? Just wondering.
Catcha on IM.

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.