The best "inventions" in my opinion would have to be indoor pluming and the control and routing of electricity. But that's a personnel preference of mine. I'm just not a roughin it type. Other then that I would have to say the invention or transcription of the Bible. More lives have been saved and changed because of the bible then either of the first two inventions stated here. And ultimately that's more important.
Where is the best place you've ever visited?
Boy is this one a hard one to answer. The best place I've ever visited..... Well I'd have to say the stretch of beach between Pass Christian and Long Beach, Mississippi. I know it's not the same since Katrina hit, I have family that still lives in that area, but I have so many wonderful memories from there. I can still picture the old magnolia trees at the community college in Long Beach (neither are there anymore). And resting on the beach across I-10 and you can faintly hear the trains and cars. And clearly hear the waves and seagulls. And the smell of salt and sand with the hint of magnolias blooming, that's a smell I just never forget. I can remember the bonfires we had and the beach bakes and flying kites and playing frisbee and the sand castles and watching the fireworks over the bay from the bed of my dad's old pick-up on the beach. I could go on. I've had the oppurtunity to visit that area twice since moving when I was in 8th grade to Texas. Both times prior to Katrina. Sue, one of my two cousins that are still down there, says the college and all the old magnolias along that long stretch of beach are all gone now. The coastal blocks from the tracks to the beach are all gone also as well as my old elementary and middle schools. Most of the older parts of Long Beach where washed out and distroyed. But the people are still there and their community is still strong. They have rebuilt and will be continueing the process for years to come. Anyway, that's still at the top of my best places list. Mostly because of the memories.
1 comment:
I just love magnolias, wonderful scent. TFS
Post a Comment