Saturday

What has distracted me this week....

Here's the challenges I braved and the results.
First I was challenged to copy and create using our Catalog and Idea Book so I also worked on some new layouts for a 3x3 class I'm working up. The cards on the left are direct copies from the catty - top on page 117 and bottom is on page 58. The challenge was to create a case using the layout, but changing colors and stamp sets. So I changed to using "In the Spotlight" and "Simply Said". All the inks and papers where changed except the ribbon and the confetti white used as the image base. I like the bottom two best. What's your vote?
Then we where given a secret sister challenge to create a card for our little sis' using our least favorites. The coordinator's least fave was Cameo Coral, my least was Groovy Guave (I just don't like peach tones), and my little sis said Garden Green (she never uses it). So I stared at these cs pieces for about two days and was cleaning out my scrap ribbons (new concept lol) and ran across some charished, but forgotten (really, confession, I was hoarding) and it had these colors in it, plus some gorgeous Pomegranate. (I love this color!!) I cheated a bit by adding a bit of pome ink. Here's my redo with more pomegranate, the original was the same only the flowers where CCoral with rocked ppome tips and the edges of the card where sponged. The neutral sentiment base is confetti cream with a thumped linel background using the needed colors. I thumped a blender pen with the Groovy guava for it. (that's the splotchy areas) The sentiment is garden green and pomegranate using a rocking into Pomegranate only at the bottom of the stamp. It turned out kinda cool as the wonderful word is two toned. I'm still not crazy about these colors though, but like this layout. What do you think?














I also needed a birthday card for one of Katy's school friends that is having a party this weekend. She requested on gifts just some funds to go toward her summer plans. And no Jaz, I did not only put a five in there, I needed to swing by the bank on the way to the party for a crisp 20 dollar bill to add to this five. The ribbon is double wrapped - once on the inside pocket and on the top strip of the card. Lots of this lovely pomegranate ribbon. I sence a theme this week - "Pomegranate Crazy"!! And yes, I used cameo coral. (I had to do something with that scrap of a sheet left over from the secret sis friend card. lol. Infact this is a totally from scraps card. ha! I love when I get to do that and it turns out cute. I hate to waste such great papers. And the old olive was left over from the workshop with the Discovery scrapbook page last month.
Well, I hope you like my attempt at a tile. It's a 3x3 and I am so in awe of these little cuties. But not sure I am totally in love with my first attempt. But I do appreciate the chance to try this at Debra's house yesterday. I'll definently be seeing you at our next meeting!! And yes you are not seeing double vision A's I just couldn't decide which color, and the red I didn't like by itself. i wanted it red and green since that is my apple kitchen colors, but I think this was overboard or something. I definently will not be retiring from doing tiles, I'll just have to practice alot more before offering a class on these.
Christmas is coming right? Anyone want a coaster for christmas? I was so inspired by this wonderful door prize I just won. Now this one is gorgeous. It looks as if there is some rubber kissing going on with the background and the flower is under that. I just love it and it's a big 6x6 and a smoother tile then my little one. I will cherish it! Thank you so much Jennifer!! You are my hero and inspriation. Now to get working on my November workshops and such. I feel like I'm on overload with all the ideas and info I got from training and researching this week. More stuff then I can use in one year if you ask me, but so much great stuff. I wonder if anyone else feels like there is not enough time to stamp all the wonderful ideas even IF we had 24hrs a day to do so. How to decide which to use and which to drop. It's a stumper, any ideas ladies? What have you seen or heard that you would just love to do over the next few months. Please comment or email me, and no Jaz the list can not be a mile long! I know how your mind works dear!! lol (I feel the same way!) Well gotta get this posted before it turns into a War & Peace manuscript.

2 comments:

jodene said...

Love love love them all. Wonderful job!!

Amy said...

Hey Deb! How are you doing? I loved your cards in this post. Great job. I am going to do a craft show the first weekend of November and wanted to sell coasters. I have been wanting to look into it and then saw yours. I know I need to get waterproof ink. Where did you get the tile? Was it very expensive?
Okay, talk to you soon.

The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.