Well it's time to get crackin' on those Christmas goodies. Over the rest of this month I'll be making up some really cute Thanksgiving treats for my immediate and extended family members as well as getting our personnel Christmas goodies made up. Don't worry, they can look all they want but I'm not telling who is getting what. For the duration of my holiday posts I'll just refer to those certain individuals as the "Detectives". You know the type, those pesky dear family members that just have to figure out what they are getting for Christmas before the big event. Well not this year, not the gifts from us. And I'll have some hostess, teachers,
neighbors, and some of our wonderful church friends goodies in the mix too. Our list of those to bless this year is a bit long. And being that we are committing ourselves to "Doing the Holidays Handmade", we need lots of wonderful gifting ideas as well. Ultimately our house will be full of crafting crazies for the next month and a half. Which is fine by me and mine. And yes, Hubby is fully aware of what that will entail. lol We will probably be doing some musical chairs in the office to get a better working space so I don't take over the dinning room table so much. I'm so excited I will have my own work space all set up with all my stuff an arms reach
away. (Doing the happy dance and feeling a bit smug) Anyway, let's get this show on the road!! The first project here is a little mini photo album I cased from Nicole Heady. Her tutorial is linked at the bottom of this post for your convenience. I used the Party Pieces Scrapbook Kit from the last catalog. Funny story. When I originally was planning to make these I planned to make them from the Confetti Simply Scrapin' Kit, but for some odd reason I grabbed the wrong Scrap Kit and just went to town. I guess the creative mojo was flowing abundantly that day. lol I gave one of these away at our last gathering when we did a "Handmade Exchange" and
of course the wonderfully talented ladies immediately discovered my error. I was so embarrassed, I used retired supplies and didn't even realize my mistake. Can we say busted and really red faced. Luckily the ladies there where more focused on the oohing and awing going on because of a wonderful hanging star that was exchanged and they didn't really make too much of a deal of it. The recipient was pleased with her gift and that's really what mattered most to me. I also included an eight pointed star kit from Basic Gray with one made up and some extra supplies added to complete the other two in the kit. I'll
show you some pictures of the one in that kit and some others that I copied using our wonderful papers at a later time. Now onto the picture explanations. The first photo up there is the two original versions I made. Yes, I did make more then two, but the rest are just like these two. Sorry can't tell you how many I made too many "detectives" lurking. The next shot is of the one I'll be giving you more detailed photos of. Helpful hint: use the sticky stripe to put the album cover together! Mono isn't strong enough for that bend in the binding area. I trimmed and sanded down the edges as well. Then you have the inside still tied up with those lovely bows that I have been practicing. I learned a new trick using a reverse tweezers to keep the first twist tight so I can make a much better bow that is straight. (I'll have to show ya next time I see ya'll, just remind me, I'll forget.) Then using the bits and pieces from the kit for fun accents and some Giga scallop circles punched out in coordinating colors I added some journelling spaces. the photo places are perfect for small photos under a 3x3 size. I left them totally word/journal free so they can be easily personalized to suit the receiving party. Well I felt kinda smug with my efforts on this project. I may have to go and make some more. Maybe I'll grab the right paper kit this time. lol!!By the way the colors used with this are Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie, with some accents of W white, Summer Sun, and So Saffron. The ribbons are all grosgrain SU! except the Turquoise is a thin satin from Mike's.
No comments:
Post a Comment