
Okay I know it's not thanksgiving, and this is really late, but I thought I had already added this but alas I hadn't. So you are getting it now. This is the centerpiece I put together for our thanksgiving table this year. The plan was to have each person in our family that was there to put at least one card on the tree with one thing they where thankful for this year on the cards. Well the card idea never got off the ground, family drama and someone saying it was a stupid idea kept the cards from being done this time. Needless to say we sent that part of the family home to sleep it off and the rest of us enjoyed our time together. Not fun though. And some in the family where unaware of our discussions, thank heavens, so why am I writing this here? Not sure, I guess

I just needed to vent some. Hey, you where forwarned I tend to vent from time to time here. This is a life type blog. You have the option of skipping over what I write if you wish. But you may miss something. Well this brings me to my latest issue - family gatherings. I normally love them, but because of the trama/drama certain new additions make at these functions I am torn over wiether to speak up and voice my requests and concerns or stand firmly and refuse to attend if so

and so is coming. This is always a hard decision and up until a few years ago we would have never thought we'd have to make a decision like this. Before this goes even further off track I'll get back to the pictures, if you have any words of wisdom on dealing with difficult family members I would greatly appreciate it. Anywho, I made my first treat box, you can go to the tutorial here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/treat_box/ I used some of the Apple Cider DSpapers. When we put the centerpiece together this treat box was filled with mixed nuts. The kind that are still in their shells and we put the nutcrackers and those pointy sticks (not toothpicks Jaz, silly girl), the metal ones that come with the nutcrackers in the store around the centerpiece on the table. The tags where made by pencilling a eight square grid on a regular piece of natural cardstock on the back and stamping with Autumn Fest using my spectra pad inks. I told you I'd be using it again. Then cut the lines where the stamped images where not and scissor cut around the stamped images and then mat and cut a backing paper in a variaty of fall colors. I also punched the corners to make them rounded and softer looking. It was a fun evening project for me so I can see how this could be a quick workshop decoration. Let me know what you think.
3 comments:
This is absolutely gorgeous and what a wonderful idea! My husband and I are convinced there is always one person in a family that will ruin a holiday for everyone else. Sorry that yours went that way!
This is a gorgeous centerpiece. Sorry the thoughts of gratitude didn't get put on the tags. But, they are so cute. You could sell it later. I don't know what to say about your family. That is a tough situation. It is hard to be honest sometimes with family. Forgiveness doesn't always come easy.
But, this craft is beautiful. I want to do something for valentine's with it. Great idea.
What a beautiful Beautiful Centrepiece. I am sorry to hear that the idea didn't get off the ground......................Happy New Year!
Vicki
Post a Comment