WHo you calling chicken? This is a rooster folks. What's a rooster doing on a crafter's blog you might ask yourself. Well what does a small town girl do when visiting the country with a camera in hand? Take pictures of course. So I was working with (cleaning really) my photo folders on my computer to clear out some space, and I came across these I took a little while back. For some reason I like this shot. Some of ya'll out there may not know that my folks raised chickens and rabbits when I was little. We had a hunomous back yard with a chicken coop and fenced in area the size of a double car garage. And a rabbit hutch house with eight hutches for the rabbits (and all those baby rabbits). We mostly sold eggs, the chics, and the baby rabbits. We would have fresh roasted or fried chicken or rabbit from time to time even. It didn't matter until hopsy found his way to our table. Then for some odd reason I refussed to eat either our rabbits or our chickens. This went on for a few months. Today I just can't bring myself to eat rabbit meat. Now this really isn't too much of a problem as we live more in the suburbs and rabbit meat isn't that common at Wally World. But this rooster picture just takes me back somehow. Maybe because it reminds me of the chickens we had when I was a small girl. Maybe it reminds me of the rooster that use to chase me back into the house from our back yard. Maybe it reminds me to be the early bird or I'll miss the worm. (by the way, I don't like worms much either.) Who knows, but I like it so I'm sharing it today. Just because I feel like it. It's been a dreary day and not much news on the contract front so blah blah blah. Enjoy the photo of the day!
Thursday
Did someone say chicken?
WHo you calling chicken? This is a rooster folks. What's a rooster doing on a crafter's blog you might ask yourself. Well what does a small town girl do when visiting the country with a camera in hand? Take pictures of course. So I was working with (cleaning really) my photo folders on my computer to clear out some space, and I came across these I took a little while back. For some reason I like this shot. Some of ya'll out there may not know that my folks raised chickens and rabbits when I was little. We had a hunomous back yard with a chicken coop and fenced in area the size of a double car garage. And a rabbit hutch house with eight hutches for the rabbits (and all those baby rabbits). We mostly sold eggs, the chics, and the baby rabbits. We would have fresh roasted or fried chicken or rabbit from time to time even. It didn't matter until hopsy found his way to our table. Then for some odd reason I refussed to eat either our rabbits or our chickens. This went on for a few months. Today I just can't bring myself to eat rabbit meat. Now this really isn't too much of a problem as we live more in the suburbs and rabbit meat isn't that common at Wally World. But this rooster picture just takes me back somehow. Maybe because it reminds me of the chickens we had when I was a small girl. Maybe it reminds me of the rooster that use to chase me back into the house from our back yard. Maybe it reminds me to be the early bird or I'll miss the worm. (by the way, I don't like worms much either.) Who knows, but I like it so I'm sharing it today. Just because I feel like it. It's been a dreary day and not much news on the contract front so blah blah blah. Enjoy the photo of the day!
The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment