Well after the silliness of that last card I just had to redeem myself. So I was checking out all the challenges and ran across this one to case the layout from the catty on page 37, the invitation. Well this is what I came up with. And this time I used Ruby Red. HA! Boy does that work alot better. Anway, I also added the chocolate to this, love it added to this DSP. I think it turned out pretty good. Simple, but good. So the gals will get a chance to work with this one. I did play around with this and it did have a pink ribbon piece also between the brown and print, but it just was too much. Coordinating colors for me should stay to three I've discovered. I have a difficult time adding a fourth color to the mix. But the three works here well. One dark tone, one medium tone, one light. I may turn this layout into my February birthday cards. We'll see what happens between now and then. Basically each stripe has a different texture to it. The chocolate is embossed with cuttlebug's textile, the print DSP is a print of course, then the stitched river rock ribbon, and the ruby red piece is peirced and then faux sewed with chocolate chip marker. Oh yeah, the sentiment is from Amazing to Zany and the flower image is from Embrase Life. I'm still grateful to Beate for sending it to me as a blog candy prize. I'm still loving it, especially this little happy birthday stamp. Thank you abundently hon!!Stamps: Embrace Life, Amazing to Zany
Paper: River Rock, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Ginger Blossom DSP
Inks: Chocolate chip pad and marker, Ruby Red
Accessories: Cuttlebug "Textile" embossing folder, Piercing Kit, and River Rock stitched ribbon.
1 comment:
Deb,
Thank you so much for this beautiful card! I love it!
Hugs and smiles
Post a Comment