I saw these interesting cards on crafting blogs and at first I couldn't figuire out what the big deal was. Then someone posted a side view and it became much clearer. They are called kickstand cards, you know like a bike or something. I also found that when you do these if you use a smaller slip for the under side you will have a much bigger area to write on inside. Check my side view. I have the back of the front and about two thirds of the botton piece to write in. Sometimes the inside of a card just isn't enough room to write a good encouraging note. Besides ya'll know how long winded I can be. lol So since I also just got this set in not to long ago and the Ginger Blossom DSP, I had to make one using them. I had a difficult time with the colors they just didn't work right. But I finally finished them and swapped them with some fellow demostrators. I was looking at them today and discovered I grabbed the wrong red color. I thought it was Rose Red that was used, but the paper uses Ruby Red. Boy do I feel silly. And I bet, even though noone has said anything yet, someone is probably wondering if I need my eyes checked again. Well, ladies and gents it has been a while since I've done that. Maybe I should look into that soon. lol Well it worked out ok I guess. But I know I'll have to make the change on the ones my stamping gals will be doing this next week. So Ruby red is getting pulled out and I'll put that rose red away. Silly me. I'll just kick myself over this one for the next few days. Ouff!
Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: Ginger Blossoms DSP, River Rock, Whisper White, Groovy Guava, Rose Red (should have been Ruby Red)
Inks: Groovy Guava, Rose Red (Ruby Red), Stazon
Reinkers: Groovy Guava, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories: 3/16 corner rounder, river Rock stitched ribbon.

1 comment:
I would have never noticed you used the wrong color. I still love this card. It looks so pretty in person. The colors are so beautifully blended on mine. Thanks for the great layout too. I may just have to try making a kickstand card one of these days.
JAZ
Post a Comment