Well this has been the conversation over the last three days: "What can we do?"
"Well, kido you can go make dinner."
"Mom, that's your job!"
"Really, you can fix dinner."
"Funny Mom."
"Funny Mom."
Two minutes later, "What can we do?"
"Okay, mop the floor."
"What can we do now! That's on the chart for Saturday."
"Okay, go fix dinner."
"MOM!!"
"MOM!!"
I tried, I really tried, but no dinner got done for me. Oh well, so instead we decided to make dessert. (for after we eat the dinner that mom is suppost to
fix! lol) Growing up my mom would have us make these graham cracker and icing sandwiches when we didn't know what to do and we where wanting a snack when it would be a short time til dinner or lunch. The process would take just enough time so she could finish fixing the meal. We'd enjoy the treats afterwards for dessert. But I don't decorate cakes like my mom did at this stage and I don't have extra icing just waiting in my fridge. But I do keep peanut butter and chocolate in the house. So digging out the left over almond bark and the jars of peanut butter and some leftover crackers from our snack
basket we came up with these. Now don't these just look so yummy? The kids wanted creamy and they picked the ritz crackers (pictured above) so they made theirs with that. I love crunchy and am partial to the retangler baked crackers (I think they are club crackers). And we had some extra chocolate left, (now that won't do in my house!) so we added the remains of some train mix and made clusters. If ever you have train mix that won't get eaten because there are raisins and cranberries in it just dump in into chocolate and make clusters. That's one way to get them to eat healthy dehydrated fruit. lol Everyone was quite happy with their creations. And you can even tell which ones the kidlets made. See the missing chocolate on the sides in this last picture. They just couldn't resist touching them while they where still hot. Now ladies and gents never attempt to get inbetween a woman and her chocolate, but definently don't get in the way of a woman and her chocolate covered crunchy peanut butter treat. These are sooooo good, it positively should be outlawed. But as you can count I was good and only made four. One a day for the next four. Let me know how you like them the next time you need something to do with the kidlets that keep saying "What can we do?" No little digits where harmed in the making of these delious treats. Just in case you where wondering.
fix! lol) Growing up my mom would have us make these graham cracker and icing sandwiches when we didn't know what to do and we where wanting a snack when it would be a short time til dinner or lunch. The process would take just enough time so she could finish fixing the meal. We'd enjoy the treats afterwards for dessert. But I don't decorate cakes like my mom did at this stage and I don't have extra icing just waiting in my fridge. But I do keep peanut butter and chocolate in the house. So digging out the left over almond bark and the jars of peanut butter and some leftover crackers from our snack
basket we came up with these. Now don't these just look so yummy? The kids wanted creamy and they picked the ritz crackers (pictured above) so they made theirs with that. I love crunchy and am partial to the retangler baked crackers (I think they are club crackers). And we had some extra chocolate left, (now that won't do in my house!) so we added the remains of some train mix and made clusters. If ever you have train mix that won't get eaten because there are raisins and cranberries in it just dump in into chocolate and make clusters. That's one way to get them to eat healthy dehydrated fruit. lol Everyone was quite happy with their creations. And you can even tell which ones the kidlets made. See the missing chocolate on the sides in this last picture. They just couldn't resist touching them while they where still hot. Now ladies and gents never attempt to get inbetween a woman and her chocolate, but definently don't get in the way of a woman and her chocolate covered crunchy peanut butter treat. These are sooooo good, it positively should be outlawed. But as you can count I was good and only made four. One a day for the next four. Let me know how you like them the next time you need something to do with the kidlets that keep saying "What can we do?" No little digits where harmed in the making of these delious treats. Just in case you where wondering.
1 comment:
Yumm, can we have these at your next hostess appreciation? The last one was so much fun, I can't wait for another one. I really love your gift box and mini card set. How did you do the center on the mini card? What set is that anyway? Chat with you tomorrow.
JAZ
Post a Comment