Where has the time gone? It's been almost a week since my last post! I guess that Blogger RAK Club Member's list has taking up most of this week updating and reorganizing. It's up and running now so I'll have more time to do other things again. I thought I'd share one of my last shoe box swap cards. I estimated the time to make all wrong so it took longer then I thought for others to make. I did some prepunching, but all the balloon cutting and string tieing ate up the time. Sorry gals, I know you liked the layout, but it did make it hard on us to get them done in a timely manner. I'll get better at this one day. Well here's how I made this one. First this layout was a case from a swap card I got back in January. The original was in all Blue bayou and white. I thought it would be great in primaries for a child's birthday card. And besides I just adore these cute little balloons. I'll be using them again soon in a different way. The red string is from a large spool I've had for ages and its crochet thin thread used to make dowelies. the first layer is spiral punched at the top and "happy birthday is stamped in white stazon. then layered with white, brillient blue print DSP, white square that has been pierced. Don't adhere under the pierce marks that tends to press them out. And then place the three balloons cut and tied and I knotted the strings behind the ovals. I used pop dots for the balloons and ovals for demension. You could use demensionals, but I was out.
Wednesday
Bright Birthday
Where has the time gone? It's been almost a week since my last post! I guess that Blogger RAK Club Member's list has taking up most of this week updating and reorganizing. It's up and running now so I'll have more time to do other things again. I thought I'd share one of my last shoe box swap cards. I estimated the time to make all wrong so it took longer then I thought for others to make. I did some prepunching, but all the balloon cutting and string tieing ate up the time. Sorry gals, I know you liked the layout, but it did make it hard on us to get them done in a timely manner. I'll get better at this one day. Well here's how I made this one. First this layout was a case from a swap card I got back in January. The original was in all Blue bayou and white. I thought it would be great in primaries for a child's birthday card. And besides I just adore these cute little balloons. I'll be using them again soon in a different way. The red string is from a large spool I've had for ages and its crochet thin thread used to make dowelies. the first layer is spiral punched at the top and "happy birthday is stamped in white stazon. then layered with white, brillient blue print DSP, white square that has been pierced. Don't adhere under the pierce marks that tends to press them out. And then place the three balloons cut and tied and I knotted the strings behind the ovals. I used pop dots for the balloons and ovals for demension. You could use demensionals, but I was out.
The Woman who works with her hands only is a laborer. The woman who works with her hands and her head is a Crafts Woman. The Woman who works with her hands, her head, & her heart is an ARTIST. And if she uses her talents to bless others, she's an ARTIST after God's heart.
1 comment:
this is a great card and I made two of them tonight for my birthday stash. Actually, everthing is cut and stamped but I am out of tape! What???
I don't have the spiral punch but haven't really wanted it so mine will be more boring at the top.
I am still planning to come to your area for Spring break. Can we get together and stamp Tuesday the 18th?
Post a Comment